IGN Reporting Hamill & Conroy To Reprise Their Joker/Batman Roles In Part 3 Of Crisis On Infinite Earths Animated Movie

15 Likes

giphy

10 Likes

What’s the over-under that it will be altered or cancelled completely? someone will probably get Bautista and Rooker to re-record the roles.

#spinebreakers #dcun

6 Likes

Indeed. :expressionless:

5 Likes

I was thinking, while I’m excited to see this 3 part movie…But, my main concern is how do I know that this will really be Kevin Conroy’s voice footage as Batman and not a A.I voice stand in for Conroy?
I want to be excited for this, but I’m bit skeptical about it.
I wish this movie nothing but the best, hope it’ll be good. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

That’s cool. I hope they have some good recordings of his voice so it is a great coda for him.

5 Likes

I find it is pretty easy to tell.

Here is an AI of Kevin Conroy (I do not blame individual youtubers for using them). (there is cursing, so do not actually play it if that is a problem)

While it sounds very similar the acting and emotion is very stiff. In contrast Keaton’s actual footage has much more emotion and range.

6 Likes

They’ve got years and years of Kevin Conroy recordings, probably a full hour’s worth of material that was never used in the final product. It will probably be a lot of generic lines like they used with Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 4. Don Rickles was gone, so Mr. Potato Head occassionally chimes in with something like “Let’s go!” - lines that could fit almost any scene. I am guessing (but don’t know) that they have no intention of breaking new ground on A/I use of deceased actors with this straight-to-video production

5 Likes

I think I’m OK with AI for use in this type of situation along as it is accompanied with the appropriate permissions, credit and payment to the estate.

5 Likes

Agreed. This is pinnacle non comics B-Man VS rekoJ ehT- a canned voice track of Conroy across from Hamill on the mic just wouldn’t work. Kevin C. might’ve done something that can be polished up like some as yet unearthed deleted scene stuff with him and Hamill from the BTAS/TNBA eras or he may have just outright allowed DC to AI his voice like James Earl Jones has given Lucasfilm permission to do.

5 Likes

Keep in mind, this is a story with dozens of speaking parts already. There’s no urgency that Conroy’s voice be the one to progress the plot. It will be simpler, and less fuss, to just lift the unused recordings of Conroy dialogue from the last 30 years, which they possess in abundance, and just create Hamill’s dialogue around that

3 Likes