if you've never seen Batman Vs Superman.....

Should I watch the theatrical version first or jump straight to the extended edition? :thinking:

1 Like

Extended/Ultimate Cut

4 Likes

Extended cut. While it is much much longer and has issues with pacing, you’ll get the complete story, which will make a few storylines make more sense.

3 Likes

Extended cut, no question. Hope you enjoy

1 Like

Extended cut - without question!

2 Likes

If you jump to the extended cut, you may not fully appreciate the things that were added to it as much as you would if you see the theatrical version first. It’d be like watching the Extended Edition of a LOTR movie without seeing the theatrical cut beforehand.

I’d go with theatrical first, then the extended. You’ll have a better grasp of the changes.

3 Likes

Extended. Theatrical is a 6 or 6.5/10 for me. Extended is a 8.5/10. It’s really good

1 Like

also Rated R, I believe, for what I’m not sure … more brutal Batman battle maybe

2 Likes

@vroom

Couldn’t you say that the extended edition, is what the movie originally was or should have been?.. Therefore nothing was “added”, but if anything the theatrical version is the real cut Right? Meaning it was edited, to be PG13…

I get what yur saying… But does what I mean make sense?

1 Like

Go straight into the Ultimate Edition. The first 2 acts make it almost a completely different movie. That’s Snyder’s true vision. And rumor was, the UE version was actually more like 3.5 hours long. But that’s a convo for a different time.

1 Like

The extended version. It’s what Synder wanted to release originally but WB wanted more $creening$ per theatre, so they demanded the shorter run time thus pulling out a lot of bits of story material making some moments in the first half of the theatrical edition less coherent. You also get more Clark/Superman moments.

At least with the two (soon to be three) versions of Deadpool 2, they outright used alternate takes so they’re legitimately “different” movies. But if you choose to watch the theatrical cut first, you’re just watching a shorter version of the extended cut, which is fine unless you want some coherence in story when you watch your movies.

This doesn’t mean BvS: Extended Cut is a successful film. It just is more coherent story-wise. Personally, I will never watch the theatrical version ever again.

The extended cut is the only version I consider cannon and real

1 Like

I’ve only seen the theatrical version… and I don’t recommend it.

I’ve only seen theatrical, but my friend said he bought the extended cut & he’ll never watch the theatrical version again.

2 Likes

@manifest, Batman V Superman: Ultimate Edition is pretty tame for an R-rated movie. The Dark Knight, for instance, was a way more violent movie, despite being only PG-13.

3 Likes

@djd187 I agree with your friend. I only watch the extended cut now.

2 Likes

JLWWSM

The extended cut is it for me from now on then. Thank u for the info. I was waiting to buy it anyways cuz I’ve had it on DVR forever, I’ll definitely buy extended cut.

2 Likes

Definitely watch the extended edition

1 Like

Theatrical.

3 Likes

Go for extended it’s the better movie overall

1 Like