If You Could Be Any Member Of The Bat-Family, Who Would You Be?

Last I check, everyone in Gotham wants him to do that.

3 Likes

So, here is my philosophy on heroes killing. Since some of my favorite characters include Swamp Thing and John Constantine, I’m more open to certain kinds of heroes being more morally ambiguous or even kill certain villains. But there are still heroes that I think should never kill, including Batman.

Do I think the Joker should die? Yes. Do I believe Batman should be the one to kill him? No. I agree with Harley that it is the only way to truly stop him. But in addition to recognizing that the blame should be on various writers for trying to one up the last crazy Joker story, I also recognize that is an option never open to Bats. And if you are an official member of the Batman, you can’t have the mindset of wanting to kill

6 Likes

But several members of the Bat-fam has killed…

I agree

To be fair, that has led to some awesome stories.

4 Likes

Putting aside all argument, I love that bat! :rofl:

Back to arguing, I say you either count everyone or keep it very strict. If you count Batman Inc, count the Outsiders. If you say HQ doesn’t count, you can’t say that Ivy counts just because you like her more or “well in that one alternate universe” or whatever.

I say Batman family is just the immediate family. I am iffy on Gordon counting. All his legal kids, Alfred, the man himself, the pets, Barbara, and Steph.

I say there is a second sphere of Batman close friends that includes Lucius, Luke, Huntress (Bertinelli), Azrael, Harold Alnut, etc.

Outside of that is a third sphere of Batman close allies. Superman, the Outsiders, Green Arrow, etc.

Outside of that is a final fourth sphere of people Batman or his family worked with at some point, Green Lantern, Blue Beetle, the JSA etc. People Batman knows exist and wouldn’t say no to teaming up with.

My general thoughts on the matter. Some people don’t fit great into any one spot. The difference between 2 and 3 is especially hazy sometimes. HQ could go in 3 I think.

5 Likes

This says what I was going to say but better articulated. Only edit I would suggest is James Gordon is part of that first sphere. Aside from that, lines up pretty well with my thoughts

5 Likes

I pick myself batmans always adopting new people to the family no matter what the age so
I could make them great cookies after they get home

9 Likes

Those are my bats I raised the lil baby ones as robins there’s a reason i always come back

6 Likes

I don’t know where that image is from, that’s not from heroes in crisis
but man is that beautifully sad. Tom King would be jealous of that writing.

If anyone is curious, this is Cass in a single panel from Heroes in crisis.

Yawn :yawning_face:

9 Likes

I’ll be Batman, but I’m fighting crime during the day.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Mans needs his beauty sleep

5 Likes

There aren’t enough hours for that. I make Rex Mason or Ben Grimm look like Tab Hunter.

8 Likes

bruce wayne aka the batman

7 Likes

Why did I read Bill Great Eagle as Bill Gate’s Eagle :sob:

4 Likes

will-smith-why-not

4 Likes

I think TIm has the smallest amount of insane trauma… so Tim.

6 Likes

Steph. Actually, maybe not be, just talking or something.

5 Likes

It was made by someone on Deviantart. I don’t remember who, though.

4 Likes

I put it through a reverse image search. This twitter claims to be the original source.

@bathammike9.50556 @TheBatgirlofNML

8 Likes

Thanks, man.

6 Likes

It was only a few minutes work. Knowing how to search images can be very useful.

7 Likes