If You Could Be Any Member Of The Bat-Family, Who Would You Be?

I want no part of living in the DC Universe. Not as a regular person and certainly not as a crime fighter. MOST certainly not in Gotham.

6 Likes

The only one that seems to have somewhat of a good life is Stephanie.

5 Likes

Can you pick one for the sake of possibility?

4 Likes

That being said, I don’t even know if I’d say her:

1. Like all Batfamily members, she still has some level of childhood trauma.
  2. I’m a dude.
6 Likes

Yeah, Poison Ivy. I could see myself as an environmental activist/extremist…

Definitely won’t be picking any fights with Batman tho.

6 Likes

Well, of course. It’s on the membership forms.

6 Likes

Moment of silence for Harold Alnut. :saluting_face: :vulcan_salute:

With that over, they all got past trauma and whatnot. Duke is the only one with real powers that don’t have some huge drawback. Barbara, Tim, Jace, Luke, and Bruce got brains, Jason, Cass, Dick, and Bruce got brawn. Hm… I am going to go with Cass (to the surprise of no one who knows me) as the one with the most combination plus just the most generally awesome.

5 Likes

Like others have said, I feel like being a character anywhere near Batman would be one of the last things I’d want to be, since everyone has a horrible time and it just seems like a constant struggle. But I’ve been reading more Nightwing lately, and Dick seems like one of the few Batfamily members who actually enjoys crimefighting occasionally, so that would be my choice.

7 Likes

Can you clarify why Metamorpho is considered a member of the Bat Family? Also, as much as I love Harley and Ivy, I hesitate to have them listed as family members

7 Likes

Well, makes sense.

7 Likes

I am batsitting for him, and I can confirm his bats are happy.

5 Likes

He’s stationed in Gotham and he was in Battle For The Cowl. Good enough for me.

I know Harley is 100%, she was even recruited into the current Justice League by Jon Kent.

3 Likes

I do remember that cameo. But I also recall her looking not that thrilled to be there. Anyway, her current series has pointed out in a few different ways that while she is for sure an ally of the Bats, her past and more violent methods really don’t make her a proper member. And her past also works against the argument that she is an official part of the Bat Family

5 Likes

So Alan is in the Batfamily?

5 Likes

Not Alan. Rex Mason.

3 Likes

By that definition Alan is in.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I’m confused.

3 Likes

Part of me still sees it as iffy. I remember her pushing Bats to finally kill Joker. Despite my personal feelins on that subject, that is something that would go against Batman’s beliefs and I feel like other members of the Bat Family should ultimately be in the same page regarding killing.

Then again, I’m also the guy who doesn’t like Red Hood as still being part of the family. I realize I’m sometimes in the minority. Regardless, I do at least see Harley as an anti-hero who is recognized by the Bats and is always working towards being better than who she used to be

4 Likes

Bats never will or should kill Joker.

4 Likes