I went to the real Danny the Street

I took a trip to Georgia over the weekend, and one of the most important items on my to-do list was visiting some of the filming locations from Doom Patrol. I went to Danny the Street and it was awesome! I was surprised to see that it’s only a small row of buildings, which is a testament to how well the show did in making it appear like a longer and busier city. I got to stand where Flex did the Happy Ending Flex, and even did my own recreation. It was truly marvelous!

27 Likes

Here’s another shot…

7 Likes

And a view of the street. It’s barely larger than a block.

8 Likes

That’s cool! Thanks for sharing.

4 Likes

Very cool!! I didn’t know it was filmed in GA.

3 Likes

I am so JEALOUS RAHHHHH

2 Likes

That’s just great

2 Likes

Is it actually called Danny Str?

No, it was a main street in a GA town near Atlanta. Funnily enough, there was a Danny’s Barber in the neighboring plaza.

3 Likes

That is so cool, @JoshuaLapinBertone! Thank you so much for sharing this moment. It’s awesome to see the comic world and the real one collide like this. <3

5 Likes

That’s sweet, especially your Daily Planet shirt!

I hope you didn’t make anyone…you know…with your awesome pose :wink:

3 Likes

So cool! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing this with us, @JoshuaLapinBertone! This is completely amazing! :smiley:

3 Likes

Thats super cool!

1 Like

That awesome

1 Like

Typo that’s

1 Like

I want to go back!

Danny can’t help being a corner. Not everyone is born a street, He knows what he is, and he’s proud of it.

1 Like

Yup! One of my biggest surprises was how small it is. Television is magic. I even rewatched the Danny scenes to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me, and there was lots ways the camera people played with perspective and angles to make the Danny block look longer. It was impressive.