I love and worship the ground Keanu Reeves walks on but

yeah but the last episode ended abruptly what happen??? terrible ending. wheres that bull mam beast that took the girl on start why didn’t they converge??? there wasn’t a conclusion or ending it seemed as though there was gonna be another episode and it just ended thTs sucked and they need to figure out how to end the season better.

Matt Ryan is so dedicated to the character and to the role.
I’ve met him several times, and he has such a reverence for the character and seems to view it as a real honour to portray him.

Keanu is fantastic and it is he put his all into making his stint as Constantine as good as it could be. But he’s just not right for the part. It’s not his fault that the people making the movie took a criminally inaccurate route. As a movie, Constantine isn’t bad. But as an adaptation? Pretty awful. As a fan of the comics it’s almost impossible to watch and really enjoy, at least to this fan.

That was the best part about the show. It had its issue too, to be sure, but every person working on it was dedicated to portraying as closely and accurately as they could the character and world of the comics. And that really matters to me.

2 Likes

I had no idea the film was based on a comic until the end credits originally, so for me it’s just a cool movie. I see why fans of the character are unimpressed. But for me, that movie would feel cartoonish with the Matt Ryan version. I couldnt really get into the original show, and Legends isnt my cup of tea. They are both great in their respective film/tv versions, imo. But I feel the film version has more gravity, John feels a bit more tortured. However, I think Ryan’s version would have been a welcome addition to Swamp Thing, bringing some much needed levity. I like them both

3 Likes