I’d Wish to Write and Draw Comic Books

I’d wish to write and draw comic books, can anyone tell me how to do this?

7 Likes

Apply. Network.

5 Likes

First, write one. Then, draw one.

5 Likes

I’d have these drawing books, do you think they will help me?:

-How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way

-Stan Lee’s How to Draw Comics

-THE ART OF COMIC BOOK DRAWING

-Write and Draw Your Own Comics

3 Likes

I’d also have this old, rare CD-ROM. would this help me as well?:

-HOW TO DRAW COMIC BOOK HEROES AND VILLIANS

3 Likes

Those can be a great start. If you need some guidance on writing a comic script, the best way is to look at how the pros do it. You can find a very helpful resource of professional scripts from some of your favorite comic writers here.

https://www.comicsexperience.com/scripts/

4 Likes

Find Words for Pictures: The Art and Business of Writing Comics and Graphic Novels by Brian Michael Bendis.

1 Like

so, i’d have made some artwork from these books:

-How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way
-Stan Lee’s How to Draw Comics

here is the artwork below:

3 Likes

good work keep going

1 Like

Ideally you’d have to hone your craft to the point you can write and draw maybe a five page comic or so to see if it’s something you’d really want to do. Start building up a portfolio of work as well. Then you’re gonna want to start self publishing to show people that you’re capable of doing the work. If you love the process and want to make more comics, then go for it! Ride that wave of passion and show people you’re serious.

It might take a long while, but the more you put out on your own, the better chances you have of one of the big publishers noticing your work. After that it’s basically a combination of talent, timing and luck. But never lose that passion for your work and for wanting to improve, be it writing a comic, drawing a comic, or both.

3 Likes

so, i have made some artwork from this book:

-THE ART OF COMIC BOOK DRAWING

check it out!:

3 Likes

It has good weight to it. Next time try shading the rest of the body I think it would look even better.

1 Like

so, I found some rejected comic book artwork, and so I’d colored them in using Microsoft paint. check it out!:

1 Like