I Can't Believe Wb Is Really Gonna Put Superman On the Sideline

@msgtv You’re 26 weeks too late.

Oh wow I member this post. I still have a hard time telling whether Vroom is joking or not LOL!!!

As soon as I posted I saw 26w, and called myself a chucklehead to save you time.

1 Like

And I too want a Superman movie

1 Like

Okay, remember that this isn’t official, and just because this “trusted source” has been correct in the past it doesn’t mean anything. While, yes, a Superman film would be nice, I’d personally love to have a break from the character and give the DCEU a chance to re-correct. Supergirl got, in my opinion, a very lackluster and poorly written film that didn’t do her justice. And while I love the Supergirl show, I’d love to see a new take on her that allows more people to see her in a new light. On top of that, let’s not go around making assumptions on why this very poorly supported claim may have happened. Even if it was official, we can’t go out of our ways to make assumptions that inflate rumors and outrage people for no reason. And, we also shouldn’t present our opinions as though the entirety or a majority of the DC fandom supports or agrees with us. Present opinions as your own, not the entire fandom’s. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Honestly, my gut feeling is that WB decided they didn’t want another solo Superman movie before they gave the green light to BvS. The only way that film works in the context of a greater Universe is if THEY’RE NEVER GOING BACK TO STANDARD SUPERMAN ( sorry for caps, I don’t have any italics to use). By the end of the UC, both Jimmy Olsen and, more importantly, Clark Kent are dead. No Kent means no secret identity, and Lois is alone in the Daily Planet newsroom. So I think the plan was to not have any more solo Superman films until after the 5 part Snyder closed end series and related DCEU was done, another 5 or 10 years from now.

As an ardent Superman fan, I’m disappointed. Batman is getting rebooted, Wonder Woman is getting a sequel…along with many other announced projects in the next couple years. The fact that they haven’t included my favorite superhero, the one that got me into DC in the first place, is disheartening to say the least.

They’re just rumors, nothing official. Don’t fret. And, even if it was true (which we have no verification of), Wonder Woman has literally only had one other live action adaptation outside of the movie. She’s had one animated film, and ZERO video games. Let’s celebrate that some beloved characters are getting a chance to shine after years of films based on a few specific characters. In fact, let’s just be glad we’re getting any DC films at all. We’re not entitled to something we want just because we like or support it. Let’s all just be happy to see some representation! :slight_smile:

@OmniLad, you’re right in all you mentioned. I can see how I may have come across as “entitled” but I assure you my intention was anything but. I have enjoyed/supported DC’s movies and shows so far, all of them, and I don’t begrudge the other characters their time in the limelight. Just would like to see more Superman on the screen is all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like