I Can't Believe Wb Is Really Gonna Put Superman On the Sideline

According to some bloggers, Wb will replace Superman with Supergirl in the Dceu. Isn’t the Tv show enough? Or why can’t we have both? Warner Brothers is really gonna make a Plastic Man movie but no Mos2 which fans have been asking for lmao. My rant will continue tomorrow. I have a lot on my mind that I need to say.

5 Likes

There is no official announcement to corroborate this, but I would be glad to see other characters get a chance to shine.
That being said, I would respectfully ask anyone posting in these forums to do their part to prevent spreading unofficial rumors.

8 Likes

@Applejack Be that as it may, the guy who said has never been wrong about anything Dceu related ever. However I’ll refrain from posting “unofficial” rumors for the foreseeable future. I’ll bookmark this tweet and comeback to it when WB/DC decides to make it official though.

1 Like

To be continued! We’re totally fine with discussions around “Would you want a Supergirl movie before Superman movie”, we just get squeamish about when the conversation makes it sound like it’s happening without any official statement.

I really appreciate your post starting with “according to some bloggers”, though, no harm done.

1 Like

Bookmark this Post* Lol I said “tweet”

1 Like

:joy::joy:

I don’t see the problem

Giving other characters a chance to sign is great… but not also having a Superman movie in production is a travesty.

3 Likes

When I read the topic, all I could think is, “Nobody puts Baby in the corner.”

1 Like

Honestly, growing up I was never a huge fan of Superman (I am liking home quite a bit more in more recent storylines).
With that said, I think DC and Marvel both have such a huge selection of characters to use that it’s a shame they use the same 6 heros for every damn story (ok, more than 6, but the same ones). DC has been basically all Justice League and Titans/teen Titans for years. I am so happy to see something with other characters coming - Doom Patrol.
It’s been all justice league, titans, and avengers+spider man and wolverine for way too long. Especially with all of the characters available to content creators from past comics that have seemingly faded into obscurity.

4 Likes

It looks like DC is going to try and fill the Superman void with Shazam

As a Superman fan, I’m of two minds. On the one hand, I would always want “Big Blue” to get his share of the spotlight. On the other, I can agree that it’s great that other characters are getting a chance, as well. I thoroughly enjoyed Aquaman, and I’m looking forward to Shazam.

2 Likes

Well, if the bloggers are saying that then you know it’s fact.

3 Likes

Man of Steel was my favorite out of all of the DCEU movies. I would love a second movie, but I don’t think it is necessary. I just want him to continue appearing in movies.

2 Likes

I personally want another MoS movie really bad! I don’t mind them branching out and giving other characters the spotlight like SuperGirl. She is a great character. I just hope they aren’t doing it for virtue signaling or something like that. I don’t care for how they have portrayed her on the cw show. As long as the story is good, there is a whole bunch of characters they could focus on.

I hope the news floating around that Afleck is staying on for more Batman is true, and that Reeves Batman movie is finally got a script. I don’t want to lose him or Cavill.

@Vroom is that Sarcasm I detect?

2 Likes

I’m all for them putting Shazam in the spotlight and giving the Superman films time to breath and find a different voice than Zach Snyder. I loved MoS but it was highly controversial and with the success of Wonder Woman and Aquaman, DC is seeing A. that other director’s bring a fresh stint and B. other characters can succeed besides Superman and Batman.

2 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165, no sarcasm here. Nope. Those bloggers always get their facts straight and are legitimate fans that love the properties they speak so highly of. Mmmhmmm.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s time for another Superman movie. I don’t care if they recast Cavill. This is the golden age of comicbook and the Godfather of all superheroes can’t have a sequel? I’m disgusted.

2 Likes

I’d watch any Superman movie they make so long as it’s not a sequel to Man of Steel. I can’t believe I used to like that movie.

“According to some blogs” is actually how the first draft of the Declaration of Independence started. It certainly is a phrase that fills you with confidence in its accuracy. “According to some blogs” is also rated higher than “I saw on YouTube” and “Twitter speculation is”