How Often Do Y’all Sit Down and Read a Comic or Two?

I usually read comics whenever I can. They don’t take too long to read unless the writing is a tad confusing.

3 Likes

Goes in waves; I generally read 3-4 comics a week just from my pull list and may jump on the app to read some others 3-4 night a week, but at other times I will be into a book and not get onto the app for a couple of days

1 Like

I read often…
At least two a day.
I got this real cool box from my LCS so I can take my books to work and other places and not have to worry about damaging them. It fits about 12 books.

4 Likes

Several a day

3 Likes

Lately I’ve been reading a lot on this service since I only pick up two books monthly these days. I went to the comic shop on the weekend and picked up Batman and Flash going back as far back to July 2019. I’ve been a longtime subscriber but dropped a lot of books after I moved. It’s been easier on my wallet to just read them on this service and if I really like it buy in trade. Today I read issues 74-77 of Flash and I’ll probably read an issue of Batman Beyond before bed.

3 Likes

I definitely had read comics a lot more often when I was younger and then stopped for awhile but about about 2 months ago I rediscovered my love for the medium and have been going non-stop ever since! If I’m not at work or band practice, I’m reading a comic book from my collection or from this seriously convenient service offered by DC on my phone or desktop. It’s really nice to at least be able to read all the comics I couldn’t get my hands on!

3 Likes

The only correct answer is “Not often enough.”

6 Likes

I try to not go too crazy. With my pull list I am probably reading 2 or 3 a week. But I am super behind on Flash and Batman so I will have to have a day with like 20 just to catch up but then its back to normal.

4 Likes

Welcome @jeffterrysays, love your avatar. Kirk and Spock rule, especially as Laterns.

2 Likes

Almost every day :grin:

2 Likes

Currently my pull box at my LCS consists of Valiant comics in a few other Independents. I pick up a couple issues of DC here and there.

I don’t necessarily read all those weekly though. But about once a month I get together and collect all of my pull box and binge read.

I’ve been reading a lot more comics digitally since DC universe. I probably read at least one a day I’m here. lately though I’ve been going back into my valiant back issues on my computer. I picked them up from a Humble Bundle a few years ago. The Humble bundle had pretty much all of the early valiant entertainment graphic novels. it’s been a fun read to try and see a new universe starting, all the different books that came out of it, and reading it in order.

I’m a stay-at-home dad with a seven-month-old daughter, so even when I think I have time to sit down and read a comic, I really don’t. it’s been really nice to be able to read comics on my cell phone as I walk around with a crabby daughter over my shoulder with one hand and reading comics on my cell phone in the other hand

6 Likes

This video, the comments below it, and the posts in this thread have made me feel better about my own reading habits. I had thought that I was behind the curve on my reading, but it turns out that I’m actually ahead of the game.

How much I read depends on what it is that I’m reading. Silver/Bronze Age stuff, double/triple/quadruple-length issues, and graphic novels take longer to get through. But in general, when I’m reading older/longer stuff, I read one issue on the way to work on public transportation, one issue during my lunch break, and one issue on the way home and/or before bed. So, 3-4 a day. Double that the more modern/shorter it gets (5-6 a day). So, typically 15-30 issues a week, but usually on the lower end of that. Oh, and I hardly ever read on the weekend; I almost exclusively do my reading on weekdays.

1 Like

I just read a ten year run in one month, so I say a lot.

1 Like

4-5 issues a day. Totally reasonable.

Every 900 years.

watches tumbleweed roll by

2 Likes

Every day! Though it’s been a while since I picked up a physical comic, I read comics at my computer or on my phone as one of my main modes of leisure. DC Universe was a game changer for me.

1 Like

I like having routines, so I usually try to read at least one issue in the evening, before sleeping. Unless the book I’m reading is too good to put down.

2 Likes

@cnzspuk: No tricks or willpower needed. And as for tips–just read what interests you. Currently, I am reading Omnibus Collections of Silver Age Adam Strange, Wonder Woman, And DR. Strange. Eventually, I will change it up and go back to my Epic Collection Bronze Age Marvels, and periodically switch off to '90s DC legacy heroes (Wally, Dick, Kyle, and Connor).
If you have access to varied stuff, just keep rotating, and you will find it easy to sit down and read and enjoy.

2 Likes

I’m like a person who started this thread. I used to read a ton when I was younger and now I’m an older adult with a very adult job I sometimes go weeks without reading a single book. I read when I fly occasionally at lunch when I get to sit down for lunch. But I do try every day to stay caught up with online information regarding all things comics. It’s tough to carve out that time every day anymore. Oh well I guess when I retire…

4 Likes

Every Tuesday morning.

1 Like