How DC Comics Has Failed to Support Black Voices

If DC needs to be politically correct let me ask you this Autism spectrum superhero? I am on the spectrum and the only hero I know is on the spectrum is Billy Cranston from the reboot mighty morphan power rangers movie.
Did you fact-check? Black Panther did not get his first solo title till 1977 the same year Black lighting had his first solo title. Black lighting has had a total3 solo titles and well they were not long-running they count, Justice league TV used John Stewart for the green lantern of sector 2814 as a founding member of the league. Then you have the static shock cartoon and static comic which ran for three seasons, more recently black lighting has had his own live-action tv series. then you have the second batwoman in Batwoman Live action tv series being black, you have Luke Fox another black person as the tech guy, and the ‘doctor’ is Mary Kane an Asian American. John Stewart appears over hal jordan in Harley Quinn.

Other ethnic depictions include but not limited to: Selina kyle half Latina in her comics, Black in Harley Quinn, and DC super hero girls (which also feature Bumblebee.), and in batman 66 in season 3.
DC has had a rather high representation of solo hero’s of other ethnic backgrounds in current runs Ethnicities: Wonder woman: She has pretty much always been Greek, Catwoman: Half Latina since vol 1 limited series. Superman: He might have white skin but the man is a freaking alien, Nightwing: Romani, that’s just from 2020. 2021 has seen the rise of Superman Son of Kal-El: Staring a Half alien, Robin: Damian Wayne is half Arabic, batman/Catwoman Staring half Latina, and 1/4th Latina in the from of Helena Wayne and Selina Kyle/Wayne, wonder woman future state: Wonder woman then Wonder Girl vol 3 stars Yara Flor, the milestone digital-first series, Batman Second son, The next Batman, Batman future state staring Tim Fox.
DC has had African Americans in almost every series they have made since Superfriends and has had other ethnicities in them since 1939 if you count Superman as he is again an alien. However, DC also has had a great representation of WOMEN leads in their books starting back in 1942. they also had the first character not to be a girl in the form of Cat-Woman in batman issue 2. she does not drop the hyphen till I think 1942.
so ya African Americans and other ethnic groups have a lot of representation in DC Media yet those with autism spectrum disorder have 1 hero from a movie that flopped.

1 Like