How can Wally West be saved?

Wally West is my favorite flash but how can he be redeemed after heroes in crisis? Suggest ideas!

6 Likes

They’re totally going to do a Crisis and erase it all. That’s what DC always does.

3 Likes

@dogwelder9 I seriously doubt Wally West being ruined is anybody’s fault but Dan DiDio. I like a lot of Tom King’s work, not including Batman.

4 Likes

Do like they Did with Hal & Parallax. Retcon in some Mcguffin about it not really being Wally or he was under the influence of Brother Eye or some B.S. like that.

Or just retcon out HIC completely!

7 Likes

I’m sure they’ll do some sort of redemption story and save the world or something. What Wally did was sort of a accident it’s not like he can’t be redeemed. I mean If Hal Jordan can find redemption Wally definitely can.

4 Likes

Don’t be surprised if the next issue of Doomsday Clock says that Wally was possessed by Dr Manhattan. I guarantee that Geoff Johns will be the one to save Wally’s legacy.

8 Likes

What happened at Sanctuary makes so little sense it has to be Dr Manhattan.

5 Likes

Rumor is, he’s going to be in a new Suicide Squad going forward. Really though, I have no idea how you redeem the character unless Zoom used the Sage Force on him or some such nonsense. Even though the deaths were accidental and possibly forgiveable, the idea that Wally framed Booster and Harley, even going so far as to shove chattering teeth down Commander Steel’s throat… Yeah, not a lot of coming back from that.

4 Likes

Doesn’t need to be saved. First interesting this g they have done with his character in a decade.

1 Like

@DJWolfmanJBeezzy Really? They just did Flash War right before Heroes in Crisis.

5 Likes

King really screwed up (shocker /s), sis they’ll probably just have to ignore it and move on.

5 Likes

The moment I heard what had happened, my first reaction (documented somewhere on these forums) was “We need a yellow space bug, stat.” I was kind of joking, but seriously. If ever we needed a Geoff Johns-patented Stupidity-Fixing Retcon, it’s now.

8 Likes

Whether through clever writing or stupt retcons, this event needs to be expunged from Wally West’s history.

5 Likes

The best way to save Wally is to fire Dan Didio!

10 Likes

Doomsday Clock

Dr Manhattan forced Wally to do what he did and negates all the deaths.

Never Mind, Tom King.

5 Likes

Don’t let Tom King near him ever again

5 Likes

License the character out to another company until there’s new management?

3 Likes

Ignore the Wally stuff you don’t like and focus on the things you do enjoy.

4 Likes

See I’m conflicted because wally killing all those people I’m fine with the story was alright and it was accidental but framing booster and Harley isn’t Wally’s style

2 Likes

Hopefully they don’t and we are rid of Wally for qtr century, like they did with Barry. It looks like he’s getting thrown into the future, as a future version of Flash. Which would be ok, I suppose. Give him his own separate book, but keep him out of current day continuity.