How about CW Wonder Woman show???

If they can do Smallville and introduce a young Superman aka Clark Kent. Surely the CW can do it for Wonder Woman. Of course it would have to be done right, and the storyline has to be compelling. I know I would love to see it happen and I’m sure I’m not alone. SO, who is with me???

1 Like

I would watch this, @MzTCAtkins.25144! :slight_smile:

Would rather have an animated show for her. Gal Gadot is perfect as her for live action.

6 Likes

Agree with. @redhood on gal gadot thing, besides that I’m down with anything WW…

1 Like

On CW? No, thank you. I would gladly take a DCU version or HBO. Any studio unrestricted by age demogrphics

2 Likes

I don’t think Wonder Woman belongs on the CW. She’s overdue an animated series though. Would be great to get a DC Universe animated series like Redhood said.

3 Likes

I don’t want a series in the style of Smallville. Wonder Woman is my absolute favorite character and I am desperately wanting a live action series as well as the films, however, I think the best idea is an animated series. I’d love a 77 animated film series as well, like they did for Batman 66. Wonder Woman is continuously being ignored…

5 Likes

There was speculation around the last season of Smallville that they were going to do a WW “prequel” series, but noting ever came of it. IF WB ever did decide to do another live-action WW series, I hope it would not be a CW show. I think budget would be a big hindrance there and I really don’t need to watch Diana mope for multiple seasons about how all the bad things happening to her city and loved ones is her fault before one of the supporting players (who knows her secret identity and for some reason calls all of her shots behind a computer) gives her a tough-love speech to snap her out of her angst. We know she exists in the Arrowverse anyway since Themyscria showed up at the end of a “Legends” episode, so I’m fine if they want to bring her into a crossover or something. For the moment, I’m good with leaving Gal Gadot alone as the only live-action WW. Now, animation is another story. I definitely think DCU should jump on an animated series of some kind for WW. And DC/WB needs to get Lynda Carter back for an animated WW77 movie like they did with their Adam West Batman movies.

2 Likes

@Jeremy_G, that is BRILLIANT! Animated Wonder Woman '77 with the og, how has that not happened!?
Considering the big female empowerment push, a “Paradise Island” show in the vein of Krypton could be amazing! As long as the PC aspects weren’t front and center and it was just an action/adventure show set on this fantastic island full of mythical beasts and mystical artifacts, I think it would work. Like a lighter Game of Thrones with a strong focus on adventure

1 Like

Yes! A DC Universe Paradise Island/Themyscira show exploring all of the mythos of the Amazons would be great. They could make it about Hippolyta and even show the Bana-Mighdall. The island has so many mythical creatures and a rich history it could work, but on HBO or DC Universe. I would not want it on the CW.

3 Likes

Wonder women is amazing

2 Likes

No… Let the CWverse die.

Titans has proved that we don’t need the crappy CW. This app can do it right.

2 Likes

A Themyscira show wouldn’t have much action seeing as how the amazons live in peace there.

1 Like

@movieaddict, it really depends what time period it would take in place in and what specific version of Themyscira is being used.
Their conclusion that they cannot help the world of man has to be based on something, right? All it takes is one Malevolent God or a manipulative sorceress to introduce some factional conflict. They have had tribal wars over ownership of the island, they’ve seen frequent invasions, they’ve opened there shores to dignitaries of the world, they’ve been turned to stone, Dooms Doorway stories. Theres plenty of conflict in their long history

1 Like

I would totally be in for a Kryptonesque WW show. Begin it with Heracles invasion and the impending move to the island.

2 Likes