House of Horror 28 - Low, Low Woods

QFT. I’d buy a Tallulah Black ongoing, were one to ever happen.

So, The Low, Low Woods is pretty f’ing awesome. Definitely the kind of horror I can get behind. Thanks for highlighting it, @D4RK5TARZ!

4 Likes

Little late but finished this one this evening and it’s not exactly what I expected. I figured there would be more traditional body horror and it having something more to do with our leads being gay. Instead, the monster, the twisted thing growing inside these characters are far more real and, really, far more horrifying, less to do with being queer and sadly, more to do with being a woman. Like, this is women getting roofied on a massive scale, and it’s so tragic.

4 Likes

I agree that in that I was not expecting this title to go the direction that it did. After seeing the comments from the writer regarding the characters sexuality, it made more sense that the horror was not based on homophobia, which is something I was expecting.

I do strongly suggest a movie called A Cure For Wellness. It has a similar location as in a wellness center and there is a huge emphasis on water.

2 Likes