His NAME is Captain Marvel!

I’m looking forward to the movie.
However, I’ll b extremely disappointed if they don’t call him captain marvel.
Only an idiot could confuse the REAL captain marvel with marvels lame alien version

7 Likes

DC officially changed the character’s name to SHAZAM back in the early 2010s.

4 Likes

DC caved to Marvel’s loophole-abuse trademark theft and made his name the same as the wizard’s name and his magic word, even though that makes no sense at all. So, I think you can expect to have another Billy-can’t-say-his-own-name trainwreck.

3 Likes

It’s really DC’s fault in the first place since they refused to use the character after bankrupting Fawcett Comics b/c CM was doing better business than Superman, which allowed Marvel to basically take the name for their own version. The more you know.

3 Likes

Didn’t Batman the JL call him Captain Marvel in Young Justice?

4 Likes

He does @ Smushybear lol

Also im excited to see the film… i bought my tickets for the early showing next weekend on the 23rd… Saturday. Yall should get them while you still can. Beats having to wait till the 4th of April to see it in the States. At least we can all go see it again then haha im sure we are all going to want to any way according to what everyone is saying about the film lol

1 Like

It looks so good and funny. It’s going to be a fun comic movie for sure. All the previews are good too. *zap Your phone’s charged. *blows up

2 Likes

Yeah hopefully he’ll call himself Captain Marvel because that was and should still be his name! But then again those lame copyright stuff he might just be called Shazam. If anything, Marvel should get into trouble for having called their superhero CM because DC came up with the character first! So take that Marvel! HA!HA!HA!

1 Like

I’ve finally come to terms with this. And here’s why.
The character “Shazam” (aka Johns post new52) does have different traits than Captain Marvel. Most notable is Billy is in the driver’s seat.
There even have been versions where Marvel and Billy are 2 different people. Secondly is the look. Pre-52 he was a thick. Barrel-chested non-animated suit. (Of course many people lean to that amazing Alex Ross variant)
Obviously we’ve seen many variants of the bolt, hardly any have been simple fabric.

Here’s what I think they should do.
Keep Captain Marvel on Earth 5 (like they have to date, see linked image) and he will remain to have the classic look and “PleasantVille’esq” adventures.
Shazam will be on Earth1, but instead of Atlas, he will have the Magic of Apollo (this happened in trials of Shazam, atlas was exhausted) this will tie in perfectly with the direction The book is taking right now with the realms of magic.

1 Like

I get being upset at Marvel getting the rights to the name but why be salty toward their character? Both are unique and have their pros and cons.

If Ms. Marvel is lame for being half alien then Shazam is lame for being a kid

1 Like

I think that’s an excellent point.
Both The Big Red Cheese and Carol Danvers are vastly different characters .
To confuse them is really quite difficult.
(I don’t think anyone is down playing Carol here though)

If anything the movie Carol Danvers is more easily similar to Green Lantern, and obviously Carol Danvers is a lot closer to Kara Danvers (cw supergirl)

I’m not a fan of the move.they could easily co-exist. They had for decades.
I can never get behind the “everyone thinks his name is Shazam” argument.
I mean, who’s fault is that?
And who are we talking about?
NOT READERS? You only need to look at 2 panels in a ShaZam Book to see the Name Captain marvel in your face.
Most of these people skipped by his books in the shops, and only know the title.
It’s the Zelda conundrum though.
You show your average person a picture of Link, their going to say “That’s Zelda”
Or Ian Anderson & Jethro Tull.
Same deal.

2 Likes

I saw the movie.

Spoiler…

He doesn’t

1 Like