Henry Cavill out

I can’t believe that they’re cutting ties with him. He’s a great Superman.

2 Likes

I agree but I am now looking forward to Witcher

Witcher should be good but still just see hin as superman now ahah

His manager just tweeted that the cape is still in his closet, and to await an annoucement from WB.

2 Likes

I’m thinking the statement is just gonna say he’s not done playing Superman but he won’t be in any movies for a while. Since, per the article, there’s no plans for him to be in Supergirl or Shazam and no current plans for another solo movie.

Zack Snyder ruined Superman for at least two generations. It’s not Cavill’s fault.

1 Like

No, he didn’t. He gave us a perfect Superman from modern comics.

Wb needs to get thier shit together

I grew up with Christopher Reeves as my Superman. His portrayal was always the best in my opinion. When I saw the first photo of Cavill in the suit, I thought, “This isn’t gonna work!” But after seeing Man of Steel, I immediately rescinded my opinion. He was great. Zach Snyder’s version was a little dark, but I understand his vision. DC isn’t Marvel and I think Whedon screwed the DC Cinematic Universe. From what Snyder has commented regarding what could’ve been, it all would’ve cohesively bound the stories and give us the Superman we all know. I sincerely hope we haven’t seen the last of Henry in the super suit.

4 Likes

I don’t think he is out there is just not a Man of Steel movie out there that they going to make in the next few years.

1 Like

Not so fast! His manager said he’s still in:
https://twitter.com/DanyGarciaCo/status/1039902939261808640

And WB released a statement saying the same:
“While no decisions have been made regarding any upcoming Superman films, we’ve always had great respect for and a great relationship with Henry Cavill, and that remains unchanged.”
https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/12/entertainment/henry-cavill-superman/index.html

For the record, I think Cavill is an amazing Superman, and the WB you should get a new Superman movie on track sooner than later. I loved where they left him character-wise at the end of Justice League.

2 Likes

Cavill sucks… Hope he’s gone forever!