Help Me Please DCUC!

DC community, I’m at a stand still here. I just finished re-reading Injustice, and I’m having an extremely hard time finding what to read. I have looked at 60 different series in the past 2 days and didn’t find one I thought I could stick with. I have a very severe case of attention disorder so I’m looking for an extremely fun read (like alternate universes but not necessarily) and an easy one (a pretty large restraint on political talks, and by that I mean like a long dialogue between Supes and the President, or something of that nature). And with the easy read I want something that I can read quickly and won’t take me 20 mintues to finish a page. So a small amount of text per page would be great. I know I am asking a lot here but I’m very picky so I apologize but I know this community is very helpful so I’m hoping I can really find something here.

5 Likes

Batman & Robin Adventures would be my pick. I only picked up a few issues of the series back in the day, so I’m reading them from the beginning now.
Another series I would suggest is Young Justice. Always a fun read.

4 Likes

which young justice do you suggest? the original?

2 Likes

I would definitely start with the original for silly craziness, yes. The comics that look like the tv show are more serious.

3 Likes

I like Batgirl New 52 a lot! I also hate long discussions. I don’t read a comic to see people talk (well…it just depends on the person).

6 Likes

Super Sons!

6 Likes

Start with all the Batman and Superman books based on their animated adventures, and than top that off with Batman’66. They’re all quick, fun reads.

4 Likes

Justice League Adventures

3 Likes

Both Batman Adventures & Superman Adventures are a great book to read as well.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

For this CHAOTIC TIME of weirdness, I suggest a nice fun silly comic that will warm your heart. Supersons (2017-) There is nothing more wholesome than the interplay between Damian Wayne and Jonathan Kent. There is also a sequel series Adventures of the Supersons (2018)

4 Likes

what are these called? I’m trying to look into it.

2 Likes

Batman Adventures
Superman Adventures

1 Like

@IGbigjoe.mobile: Look to the master @TurokSonOfStone1950 for the answer.

1 Like

I’d recommend Harley Quinn, especially the Jimmy Palmiotti & Amanda Conner run. Quick, fun, & different. You certainly won’t see long monologues.

In fact, anything written by Palmiotti will usually meet your needs.

Best of luck. :slight_smile:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/-/e252df10-ec35-4c92-a4ad-2a5ce92121b2

1 Like

hm… depends.

If you like British/dry humor (like Monte Python or Hitchhiker’s Guide) I’d recommend Ambush Bug (any of them).

If you like action I recommend Injustice.

1 Like

Two excellent recs, I second those wholeheartedly.

1 Like

Here are a few that I think you would enjoy.

Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison
Batman: The Cult
Batman by Scott Snyder
Superman by Tomasi
Superman: Red Son
Suicide Squad by John Ostrander
Nightwing by Chuck Dixon
Multiversity
Wonder Woman by George Perz
New Teen Titans
Legends of the Dark Knight
Elseworlds