Help me pick....

I love reading Batman comics and love the movies. I haven’t watched any animated stuff. Was never a fan of cartoons.
Let’s say I want to try and get into this animated side of DC. What movie is the “OMG This is IT!” Of the animated DC Universe?
Hit me with some suggestion, please.
Thank!

2 Likes

Oh my…

Dark Knight returns 1 &2
Not movie but Batman TAS
Batman The Phantasm
Son of Batman
Batman Vs. Robin
Batman Bad Blood
JL Dark

2 Likes

@Aquamon mention a lot of good stuff. You should also watch Batman Under the Redhood. And Batman the Animated Series

2 Likes

Never a fan of cartoons? Well, you take two seasons of Batman: The Animated Series tonight and see how you feel in the morning.

You’ll love cartoons after BTAS.

3 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165 and @Redhood.55520 made awesome suggestions. I recommend The Flashpoint Paradox!

1 Like

@Redhood and WonderFlash! Oh gosh ur right sorry it was late n had a beer in me while watching lunar eclipse

Yes also
Batman Under the Red Hood &
FlashPoint

Start with “Batman: Under The Red Hood”. It’s OMG material.

1 Like

I’m not going to recommend any certain ones, I’ll leave that up to the masses. What I suggest is for you to watch ALL of the dc animated films.

They’re all god tier in their own way (some more than others) and do a good job of displaying the “OMG This is IT!” Of the animated DC Universe”, and the reason is b/c they never deviate too much from the primary source material which are the comics.

DC’s animated films and series are really where they excel and it shows. I’m actually a little shocked you haven’t seen any of them, hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

Batman The Animated Series, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. These shoes got me into comics. I’d suggest watching Superman The Animated Series and if Batman The Brave and The Bold, which showcases a lot of the unknown heroes and villains

1 Like

Everyone on here has good suggestions so far. My personal vote is Flashpiint Paradox and Batman TAS.
I would suggest avoiding Batmanninja, though. I had higher hopes based on the trailer and animation style for that one and was really disappointed watching it.

Have not seen anywhere close to all of them, but Gotham by Gaslight is a great movie.

Oh my gosh how cld I forget Gaslight also! Well now I feel silly.

Hey guys, thank you so much for the suggestions. Looks like Batman the animated series and Under the Red Hood is where I’ll start. I report back tomorrow night. Much love!

2 Likes