Hellblazer 4

"John Constantine was missing for years—and in that time, England needed a mystical protector, a guardian at the gates. Heroically, the young man known as Tommy Willowtree stepped into the breach! This cosmically attuned mage has held evil at bay with the force of his positive white magic, unlocking a new era of peace for the citizens of London. He is a gentleman, a scholar, a clean-living, vegan acolyte of love.

So naturally, John Constantine hates his effing guts. And now they have to team up. Great."

Feel free to discuss how much you are enjoying this book and how excited you are for the story but please don’t start any sort of spoiler conversation until Saturday, 02/29/2020. I look forward to discussing this book with you all!!!

For updates on future Black Label releases and to join ThatBlackLabelLife Book Club go here:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/ThatBlackLabelLife

2 Likes

I might check this out.

Interesting issue

WOW!
I had to do quite a bit of catching up with this book, but…
WOW!!! I’m really liking it!

So…something happened at the end of Issue Three where some sort of magical essence drifted up from the park and surrounded the old Constantine who revived our Constantine and brought him to earth. Then when Hippy Dude was describing the look he got at the magic causing the chaos in England he said all he saw was an old man and the scribble looked a little like Old Man Constantine. Maybe we have something there…especially the image made on the map of the magic outbreaks. That TOTALLY seems like Constantine’s sense of humor!

I haven’t read a lot of Constantine before this, but I’m really liking the story.

I appreciate the chance I got to get to know the kid driving Constantine in the first three issues and I’m enjoying the conflict between Constantine and Hippy Dude! I hope this trio sticks together!