HBO's Watchmen

So we finally got a fast snippet of the HBO Watchmen series with Jeremy Irons as an older Adrian Veidt and a copycat Rorscach.

I’m a little interested but Damon Lindelof is a hit-and-miss writer/director so I dunno how good it’ll be.

1 Like

Irons is playing Veidt!? That IS interesting, I figured they were aiming for a prequel or just a different group in the Watchman universe. This is a sequel to the Alan Moore book? I’m there, HBO makes some great shows…mostly great shows really.

I’m intrigued by this show. I like Lindelof (minus Star Trek: Into Darkness) so it will be interesting to see the course this show takes.

1 Like

When Game of Thrones premieres, I’ll start up a sub. I refuse to pay $14.99 a month for an app that is not as good as its competitors that charge a cheaper subscription. And when Thrones is over I’ll cancel it again, Watchmen or not

1 Like

If HBO NOW and the DCU app consolidated, then it would be worth $14.99 all year long

^^I dont think HBO has any real competition when you look at their content. Its quality over quantity. All killer, no filler. Also, no Korean tv Dramas…

Trent. Motherf*****. Reznor doing music for Watchmen! Havent heard anything that cool since episode 5 of Westworld…when Reznor’s classic “something I can never have” playing on cello’s during Delores and William’s revelations!

3 Likes

That’s a good pitch for HBO, but I have, Netflix, Hulu, Prime and the DCU.
If Watchmen is any good I’ll buy it on Blu-ray. I’m a big NIN fan for over 20 yrs now, and I would agree with you he’s great at doing scores for these movies and shows.
There’s only one Watchmen really and that’s the comic book, that’s how Alan Moore intended it to be. Quality shows? Netflix already has that, HBO doesn’t have enough for me. However In my opinion G.O.T is the best television show ever! Just not gonna pay a sub all year that was priced too expensive in the first place, seems like that last season premiered 5 years ago

1 Like

HBO has far fewer subscribers than Netflix, Hulu, or Prime

All that aside, I’m interested in “Watchmen” the show itself, hope it’s available in the Spring when G.O.T premieres

1 Like

I am curious what Trent Reznor’s music will be like. Probably like the other scores he’s done or been involved with, which is to say great and very atmospheric.

3 Likes

I hear you on there being only one Watchmen, and I’m sure Moore’s eyes rolled straight out of his head when he heard about it. Cant help it though, I’m intrigued. If it were almost any other network, like “CW’s Watchmen” I would feel much different.

I have Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, and DCU and find they're worth the price to me. I never had HBO growing up though, so for me their backlog is pure gold (so far).  Finally saw Sopranos, Deadwood, True Blood, finished season 3 off the animated Spawn series.

Netflix does have some damn good shows though, dont get me wrong. There is also alot of crap too. Idk, I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said with the exception of your HBO/DCU package being worth so little, lol.

I cant remember why I have Hulu now that I think about it. I think it was a Handmaidens tale (midewife’s tale?, good wife? Something like that) and Castle Rock.

That said, I’m dying for more Watchmen info now! Came for the GoT tease and surprise, surprise, Watchmen footage. Came to share but @ANerdWonder was on the ball 7 hours prior with even more info!

So many questions. Is the world still united against space squids? If not, what has Veidt “just begun”? Did Rorhshac’s journal get read? Published? Does Dr. Manhatten return to Earth? Did he reassemble Rohrshac? Is there a copycat? Will a 3rd Nite-Owl emerge? What’s with the yellow stocking cop? When?

1 Like

I have a better understanding of your perspective now, I’ve already seen all those golden oldies with the exception of the Sopranos, which is on Prime, along with the others mentioned. I loved The first 4 seasons of True Blood. Looking forward to True Detective season 3 and the new Deadwood movie coming out this year. It looks to be worth the $14.99 a month When I do subscribe again this year

1 Like

Absolutely can’t wait for Watchmen. It’s my number 1 DC movie, show etc. The movie set an extremely high bar, but HBO usually does it right. Reznor is the perfect fit for a chaotic take no prisoners cast of characters. DC is killing it with their new content. I expect no less from this series & for good reason.

1 Like