HBO Max, Stargirl and Titans

just got HBO max and thought i should state these are not on HBO max.

2 Likes

They weren’t stated to be on HBO Max at this time.

Did you see something about them being on this month?

Nope, i need to say i am quite blunt and do not always explain myself well. i view thsi as a good sigh that DC universe will keep on keeping on, as B:tas, justice league and justice league unlimited, and batman beyond are also not on HBO Max.

3 Likes

I’ve been rewatching a lot of the older stuff as well as the new shows and it’s just amazing to be in a time where we have all this. When I was a kid this was the dream to have all these characters with shows.

It still blows my mind that we’ve got not only a live action Nightwing but also a live action version of The Shade.

I cannot overstate how cool this is :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I am perfectly fine if they are on both, as long as they are here.

2 Likes

It didn’t say it was moving over right away. It’s likely that these shows will not be moving over until the next season of each is ready to air (or until DC is ready to transition to something else). Make no mistake, this does not mean they aren’t moving over. Jim Lee was very clear that these shows will be moving and DC Universe will be changing into something else. (Most likely something closer to Marvel Unlimited with digital comics and the community section). I’m not trying to be negative or a hater, but it’s important to keep expectations realistic.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure Netflix has the international distribution rights to Titans. That deal may prevent it from coming to HBO Max, much like many of the other live-action DC shows that are on Netflix.

1 Like

From Applejack Office Hours
No more video but not gone for a while

The video functionality will not be available in the future :frowning_face: We still have quite a few months before that happens, but ideally we can work out a bundle w/ HBO Max that makes seeing your favorite shows easyhttps://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/should-will-dc-universe-merge-with-cinemax-or-hbo-max/559196/72?u=turoksonofstone1950

Applejack

At this time the plans are already in motion to make HBO Max the only destination for video content. From a business perspective, I understand their reasoning; it’s cannibalizing to split your revenue into two different platforms. I have resigned myself to accepting this as a matter of fact and working to ensure the new system feels equally valuable, if not more so for comic fans :slight_smile: And hopefully, we see more bundle opportunities emerge.

Also

The Original content is indeed movie to HBO Max, but the other video content may be distributed to other platforms; there isn’t a batch solution for that library.

3 Likes

Assuming that Titans season 3 moves forward, where would that stream? Netflix has the international distribution rights; would that prevent it from streaming on HBO Max? Would it stream on Netflix, even though they don’t have the domestic distribution rights?

1 Like

International rights wouldn’t stop the third season from airing either here or migrating to HBO Max.

Titans and Doom Patrol’s first seasons had international streaming rights elsewhere and their second seasons weren’t affected.

2 Likes

Good news for people that can’t afford HBO Max is that they are planning on a cheaper ad based tier subscription. Similar to Hulu. Should be more manageable for people who can’t afford $15 a month.

1 Like

cant say i am sad to see the Video streaming go, for me it always stopped when the run time finished even if i had it paused. comic streaming on the other hand ya that needs to stay…and be updated faster.

1 Like

With where we stand now, I think a bundle would be good. I will subscribe here for the comics anyway. With a bundle we could continue to get premium programming and discuss that content here on the forums in the community.

2 Likes