HBO Max Releases Same Day Trailer, Feat. Suicide Squad!

This year every Warner Bros. Pictures movie will be in theaters and streaming exclusively on HBO Max.

The biggest premieres every single month.

Available to stream on HBO Max in the US only, for 31 days from theatrical release, at no extra cost to subscribers. Films and release dates subject to change.

12 Likes

Related, WarnerMedia media release (and DC related):

HBO Max Highlights - February 2021

February 1:

Batman & Robin, 1997

Batman Forever, 1995

Batman Returns, 1992

Batman, 1989

Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Justice League

Justice League Unlimited

Man of Steel, 2013

The Shadow, 1994 (HBO)

February 5:

Aquaman, 2018

February 15:

The Batman

Static Shock

For me:

Man of Steel, 2013

The Lady And The Dale, Documentary Series Finale (HBO)

The Investigation, Limited Series Premiere (HBO)

• The limited series explores the complex real-life investigation surrounding the 2017 murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, making international headlines around the world as one of the most notorious criminal cases in Danish media history.

Black Boy Joy, ABFF HBO Short Film Competition Finalist (HBO)

Black Art: In The Absence Of Light, Documentary Premiere (HBO)

Judas and the Black Messiah, Warner Bros. Film Premiere, 2021

• Bill O’Neal (Lakeith Stanfield) infiltrates the Black Panthers per FBI Agent Mitchell (Jesse Plemons) and J. Edgar Hoover (Martin Sheen). As Black Panther Chairman Fred Hampton (Daniel Kaluuya) ascends, falling for a fellow revolutionary (Dominique Fishback) en route, a battle wages for O’Neal’s soul.

It’s a Sin, Max Original Limited Series Premiere

• Set in 1981, Ritchie (Olly Alexander), Roscoe (Omari Douglas) and Colin (Callum Scott Howells) are young lads, strangers at first, leaving home at 18 and heading off to London with hope and ambition and joy… and walking straight into a virus that most of the world ignores.

Argo, 2012 (Extended Version) (HBO)

Blade Runner 2049, 2017 (HBO)

HBO Max to me is the best streaming service (it’s the only one that I’m subscribed to; and I basically only watch CNN and MSNBC, ESPN, and HBO Max).

I’ve been a DC guy all of my life, and so of course it has all things DC. And then everything else is among the best of the best, in my opinion.

8 Likes

:flushed:Whoa! Can’t wait to see…
Space Jams
Tom & Jerry
Metrix
Sucide Sqaud
King Kong Vs. Godzilla! :grinning:

7 Likes

I caught part of the trailer for King Kong Vs Godzilla the other day, I am very excited. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Totally will be watching the 1994 The Shadow flick.

3 Likes

I would recommend, “The Little Things.” Not a comic book movie but a good psychological thriller with a top tier cast.

3 Likes

I’ll be watching all of them. Because why not? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I love how HBO Max doesn’t charge extra for the premieres!

I’m gonna have to rewatch this one too, I remember loving it as a kid! :boom:

1 Like

I think this will be one of the best gifts of 2021. :00_batman_1986:

1 Like

Why aren’t any of the Superman series on Max yet? Justice League cartoons don’t count.

4 Likes

In Zack Snyder Justice League news, this was just released and I thought it was kind of cool.

Of course, Zack Snyder has said that he’d ideally like to release Zack Snyder’s Justice League in black and white.

“My ideal version of the movie is the black-and-white IMAX version of the movie. That to me is the most fan-centric, most pure, most Justice League experience.”

I think that would be great.

And I actually like the black version of the trailer the best.

Hopefully HBO Max will give us that option. Color and black and white. I’ll watch it in both.

Thinking about it, but I’ve only seen Justice League twice, I believe. Once or twice. I either saw it at the theater, or at home on HBO, or both. I don’t remember exactly which, I just remember not really enjoying it, that’s why I’ve only seen it once (or maybe twice; one or the other).

Anyway, Zack Snyder’s Justice League is going to be the greatest DC and comic book movie ever… after Joker, of course.

And then it’ll drop down to number three after The Batman.

(Ha!)

Oh…

Oh my…

2 Likes

This may be THE LAST GIANT BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE IN AMERICA!!! It’s sad to say but no matter which side you stand on in politics our leaders are incompetent shill’s for the OLIGARCHS that truly call the shots here. The theatre’s are dead, and along with that goes the blockbuster movies.

R.I.P
AMC, B&B, Regal, and everyone in between.

I thought this was interesting, coming to HBO Max…

From WarnerMedia:

A ten-episode series order for Warner Bros. Animation’s VELMA, a new comedic origin story starring the unsung and underappreciated brains of the Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. gang, Velma Dinkley, voiced by executive producer Mindy Kaling.

VELMA

VELMA is an adult animated comedy series telling the origin story of Velma Dinkley, the unsung and underappreciated brains of the Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. gang. An original and humorous spin that unmasks the complex and colorful past of one of America’s most beloved mystery solvers, executive producer Mindy Kaling will voice the titular character. Charlie Grandy, Howard Klein and Sam Register also serve as executive producers. VELMA is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.

I’ll watch. Sounds fun.

Also coming to HBO Max…

COVER

Brian Michael Bendis and David Mack are adapting their acclaimed DC comic book series COVER, an animated espionage thriller and conspiratorial love letter to the comic book industry that was nominated for multiple Eisner Awards. Bendis will write the series and Mack has signed on to direct. COVER is produced by Rooster Teeth Studios.

https://www.comixology.com/Cover-2018-2019/comics-series/121801?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

This could be really good.

And really curious as to the art style.

1 Like

So in March we get Justice League, Godzilla vs. Kong and St. Patrick’s day? Hot damn it’s gonna be a rad month

Zack Snyder’s Justice League | Official Trailer | HBO Max

In Zack Snyder’s Justice League, determined to ensure Superman’s (Henry Cavill) ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) aligns forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions. The task proves more difficult than Bruce imagined, as each of the recruits must face the demons of their own pasts to transcend that which has held them back, allowing them to come together, finally forming an unprecedented league of heroes. Now united, Batman (Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher), and The Flash (Ezra Miller) may be too late to save the planet from Steppenwolf, DeSaad, and Darkseid and their dreadful intentions.

Ausgezeichnet.

Excellent.

2 Likes

I Wanna see it!!!

2 Likes

So Variety is reporting on John Constantine at HBO Max…

The show would reportedly follow a younger version of the character and focus more on the horror elements of the comics rather than the religious ones.

Also from CBR:

Let’s see what happens.

1 Like

A ton of stuff for March…

Looking for a film of gigantic proportions? Debuting in theaters and on HBO Max March 31, Godzilla vs. Kong shows legends colliding as these mythic adversaries meet in a spectacular battle for the ages, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. The film will be available on HBO Max for 31 days from its theatrical release in the U.S. included at no additional cost to subscribers .

March also brings a spectacular line-up of original programming, kicking-off with the long awaited release of Zack Snyder’s Justice League on March 18. Dramedy series Genera+ion joins the platform on March 11, following a diverse group of high school students whose exploration of modern sexuality (devices and all) tests deeply entrenched beliefs about life, love and the nature of family in their conservative community. Also new this month are the documentary debuts of “Tina,” “COVID Diaries NYC,” and “Persona: The Dark Truth Behind Personality Tests.”

To top it off, “Superman: The Animated Series” flies onto HBO Max for the first time in high definition, alongside the first two seasons of “Final Space” and a new special from South ParQ Vaccination Special. Or movie lovers can sit back and relax with A-List hits including the “ Rocky” film series, “Speed” , the “Beverly Hills Cop ” trilogy, and Academy Award® winner “ The King’s Speech .”

Yikes.

On key thing, other than Zack Snyder’s Justice League, of course…

Superman: The Animated Series is going to be in high definition.

Interesting… and cool. I used to really enjoy that series.

I’ve watched maybe a handful of Batman: The Animated Series episodes, but I really enjoyed Superman: The Animated Series. It was something that I made my business to watch every Saturday morning.

I was in my 20s when it was on Kids’ WB and it made me feel like a kid again; watching a Saturday morning cartoon. [insert smiley face]

But yep… cool, in HD.

And so much stuff to watch on HBO Max. I’m nowhere near even caught up on February, now here comes March…argh! (Ha!)

Oh…

Steve Toussaint as Lord Corlys Velaryon, “The Sea Snake”

Oh my.

I was already looking forward to House of the Dragon.

Now I really am…