Have We Met?

Did Kid Eternity ever call on the Dead Boy Detectives?

2 Likes

Penguin and Mr. Freeze. Yes, I know they’ve met (usually en masse, as Batman villains do on occasion), and each have different reasons for the crimes they commit. But Oswald’s bird and umbrella m.o. doesn’t prohibit an overlap in the area of “cold ice,” that both he and Victor often pursue. So, when did they first encounter each other? Or has that story yet to be told? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is a good question. I would suggest asking Hub in the “Ask…The Question!” thread because it has more activity.

2 Likes

Perhaps you’re right. I forgot he said that because of an increased work load, he’d be cutting back considerably on these ancillary threads.

2 Likes

Has stinky ever met Streaky?

:cat:

3 Likes

Hope you don’t mind me bumping this back up! I just saw a thing online that had Dave Bautista apparently hyping up Blue Beetle and also expressing his interest again to play Bane.

This made me wonder: has Blue Beetle ever fought or encountered Bane?

3 Likes

I’ve asked the @moderators in the past to close this thread so as to reconsolidate the questions I receive into a single thread.

That apparently hasn’t happened yet, so maybe this reminder will settle the matter.

In the meantime, I don’t believe Bane and Blue Beetle have ever had a one-on-one encounter.

3 Likes

They have not.

3 Likes

Ah, sorry about that. Thanks. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lori was created and appeared in the May 1959 issue of the Superman self-titled, and she definitely knew of Aquaman and interacted with him by the July 1960 issue, also of the Superman self-titled, so if it particular issue was not the one where they met (The Mermaid From Atlantis! story in issue 138) then it was within that one year period of her introduction.

Where it fell chronologically as far as their DC canon time is unknown. She is one of Arthur’s people being an actual Altantian, not just a ocean dweller under his domain as the king of the seven seas, but she met Clark and Lana when they were all kids and met Clark again when they were college age and the story I am referring to has Clark working at the Daily Planet, so approximately 10 or so years after their DC canon first meeting in DC chronological time.

4 Likes

Very nice SV, very nice indeed! I don’t think Hub couldn’t have done any better. Praise wise, that’s about as good as it gets, around here. :smile:

3 Likes

Well, to be fair I had to look it up. I had read the Daily Planet story but I wasn’t sure of the dates.

Thankfully the older parts of the DC Wiki and the Great Comic Book DB are still trustworthy resources!

4 Likes

Hey there! Sorry we never closed the thread you requested in the past. Just to be clear, you’d like us to close the Have We Met thread tonight so all questions can be asked in the ASK… THE QUESTION! Column Submission Thread thread instead?

3 Likes

That’s right.

2 Likes

I feel like somebody outta’ be playing Taps right now. Although that might be a bit much, even as you put this thread to rest. Instead, let me simply applaud your service here, as we all look forward to more of you, on the time honored Ask the Question! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes