Has There Ever Been An Elseworld Tale Where Martha And Bruce Survive The Alley?

I just started batman Ego and other tales (special edition) and realized something, in the last twenty years, we have had 1 example of Martha and Tomas surviving in the form of Flashpoint earth, we have had on Earth-2 where Bruce and Tomas survive that night in the alley, with Tomas going into hiding. I am wondering if there has been an elseworld or earth where Martha and Bruce survive and it’s only Tomas who is killed in the alley. I picture that still being enough for Batman to be born that knight, ( :grin: )

However, I picture things being a bit different with both Martha and Alfred around, bruce still going on his training trip at 14 after graduating HS early however I figure bruce would also be a bit less emotionally constipated and a call home more often. I picture Bruce not going the route of the playboy.

2 Likes

Very impressive and well thought out! I like your story & would definitely read it (or watch it).

1 Like

thank you, I actually plan to write a fanfiction on this idea. however, I would certainly love to do an official elseworld book of it for dc. in my own opinion, I can’t draw all that well or I would do character designs for it as well. have some fun making a new cat-suit that’s a three-piece suit, as I find one-piece suits very impractical unless they involve skirts, a new early batsuit, and give BC something that will be a bit more protective but still have fishnets as the fishnets are iconic black cannery wear.

2 Likes

Very nice idea. Sounds like a great story.

To answer the question, not that I know of. This sounds like a job for [dramatic pause] @HubCityQuestion!

2 Likes

My undramatic answer is… nope! There are realities where Bruce’s parents live and he dies, realities where all three of them live, but none (apart from the New 52’s Earth 2, with Thomas Wayne) where one parent lives and the other dies.

2 Likes

I think this needs to be rectified =)

I’d honored to read your work. Good luck with the project!

1 Like

Technically Earth 3 is the exact opposite. Thomas Jr lives and the other 3 die.

1 Like

true, however Jr. is not nessasarly always born in each 52 being mostly native to earth 3 and earth-one. possibly being born in the New 52, however, his existence in rebirth continuity of earth prime is unsure…also he is born as the child of Selina kyle Wayne and Bruce Wayne in a BTAS (comic tie in series) vision the Phantom stranger shares with bruce in the alternate world was Tomas and Martha survive the night with bruce. the sad thing about this vision is bruce is happy in it married to his soulmate (batcat forever) but his allies and ‘friends’ are all miserable. batman is a self-sacrificer who would rather be miserable if the rest of his friends are happy.

Ryan.koponen.55553 Thank you,

PS: starting a simple plot for the story today. (simple is really all I need)

1 Like