Harley's Crew

Yeah, the Batgirl news sucks especially because it looks like it’s not coming out so that WB/Discovery could use it as a tax write off.

“Releasing the movie on HBO Max would seem to be the most obvious solution. Instead, the company has shelved “Batgirl” — along with the “Scoob!” sequel — and several sources say it will almost certainly take a tax write-down on both films, seen internally as the most financially sound way to recoup the costs (at least, on an accountant’s ledger). It could justify that by chalking it up to a post-merger change of strategy.”

5 Likes

I was really bemused when I read that. That’s soooooo cynical of the studio.

4 Likes

I hope this doesn’t mean Doom Patrol or Harley Quinn will end. Those shows are the two main reasons I have HBO Max, although I do like many other programs and movies. If those shows are cancelled, it’s bye bye HBO Max.

7 Likes

I hope they don’t get cancelled, but there’s a chance that all DC tv projects are vulnerable at the moment. That being said, there were similar fears after the last merger (which was… like, what, a year ago…?), and most of those fears didn’t come to pass.

5 Likes

Has anyone here been playing Multiversus? I faced off against Harley Quinn for the first time today while playing as Wonder Woman, and was pleasantly surprised to find there is dialogue unique to their character interactions! When she leveled an attack at me she said “hope that shield’s not just for show.” And when she lobbed a bomb at me she shouted “here ya go, Wondy!” (I can almost hear that again in Tara Strong’s voice just by typing it. :joy:)

Anyway…this is a small touch, but I think it’s things like this that make the game seem so fun and inviting to me so far. (Imagine if Mario and Bowser talked smack to each other during Smash Bros matches. :sweat_smile:)

6 Likes

Thanks for reminding me! Just added it to my downloads.

4 Likes

I hope you enjoy it! (I haven’t unlocked Harley yet to play as her…I am still unclear on how to unlock most characters actually.)

4 Likes

Found these flippin thru Pinterest. Thought to share, can’t remember if they’d been shared before.

imageimage
I don’t know which way I like best…

@Razzzcat , are these Ivy or am I a sucker for redheads… :pleading_face:

8 Likes

I just read that HBO Max and Discovery Plus would remain separate services for now, so that’s a relief. I also went to Doom Patrol’s Instagram page and it had a two word message: We’re safe.

6 Likes

Yeah! We’ve been discussing Max on the Batgirl cancellation thread. Great news about Doom Patrol! I would’ve been mad if it got axed. Still a lot of questions around the combined platform for next summer, though…

5 Likes

I’ve realized that I haven’t seen @Razzzcat on the forums since our WAL on Monday. When she gets back, it’s going to be like:

7 Likes

I’m really, really worried about Wonder Woman 3 now. This whole thing they’re saying about resetting the main DC characters and rebuilding with a 10 year plan…what does that mean for a movie already in production? We’ve seen it didn’t matter for a movie that was practically finished. :pensive: (I’m not gonna post on the “Batgirl cancelled” thread anymore cuz if I hear “it’s just business” one more time my head’s gonna explode.)

:joy: I wish this wasn’t so accurate.

7 Likes

:hugs: :purple_heart: :muscle:

5 Likes

I find it troubling that no updates or announcements came out of Comic Con, aside from only Black Adam and Shazam. Since this weekend I am more cautious to believe that anything is coming out until there are official trailers. Everything else is subject to the chopping block. My instinct is to think that a movie featuring a major character will come out. I think things like the Blue Beetle and Zatanna movies are toast, which makes me sad. :panda_face:

4 Likes

I thought before this news that they were just saving some big stuff for Fandome. But now…do we even think there will be a Fandome? Everything seems up in the air. :confused:

4 Likes

When asked in recent Office Hours, @Jitsu answered:

That was from the 26th. So… Unless someone can enlighten us, right now I would say no, I don’t think there’s going to be a Fandome this year. But who knows? Last year’s one was in October.

5 Likes

DC Films chief Walter Hamada has said he’s out after Black Adam drops. He’s also been weighing his options with counsel.

5 Likes

And Feige’s already actively recruiting BG movie helmers El Arbi and Fallah to House of Mouse (because that’s exactly what this move on his part signals)

6 Likes

Watch them direct a billion-dollar movie for Disney. Nice job, WB.

6 Likes

Yep.

4 Likes