Harley's Crew Book Club, Weeks 7 & 8: Suicide Squad (Issues 13 - 16)

I’m having a lot of fun reading these books and I’m REALLY looking forward to reading the next 4.

From 09/28 to 10/04 we’ll read issues 13 to 16 and we’ll discuss them from 10/05 to 10/11.
Here’s the link to the books:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/suicide-squad-2011/4884da7c-6f25-45f6-ab35-3b77247d862f

I can’t wait to read what you all think!!!

To join Harley’s Crew go here:
https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/Harleys-Crew

4 Likes

Looking forward to going through this – especially the Death of the Family tie-in.

4 Likes

It’s funny reading these, you really can tell they had to move things around to fit with the Death of the Family tie-in, what with the extended flashback afterwards to fit things back with the Basilisk story.

The Death of the Family two-parter was good in that it really started Harley’s evolution of breaking up with The Joker. That’s a pretty big moment. I think people were upset with how it’s implied that Harley was just the latest in a line of “Harleys” that Joker has used and left to rot when he was done with, but much like what I was saying with the “revelation” that Joker implies in his DOTF tie-in for Red Hood & The Outlaws, I think it’s fair to say it’s more likely than not mind-games, something that Joker knows Harley would be afraid of the most.

As for the rest, while I wasn’t feeling the Basilisk stuff before, I am digging some of the intrigue going on, with Waller using the Ressurection Hand to heal her people, her using Yo-Yo as a mole, and Deadshot and Harley having to work together but on the down low to figure out what’s going on. I’m starting to really get into this series, and looking forward to seeing where it goes next. :smiley:

2 Likes

You know, I kept thinking: The run started pretty strong, then here it starts to meander a bit too much for my liking. I completely forgot what else was going on at the time of publishing. That make sense. Thank you for the reminder! :purple_heart:

Thats about all I have to say about this round. Too many loose ends. And THIS GUY…messing *not just *w/ Harls, but w/ Bud & Lou! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: One word: NO!

3 Likes