Harley’s Crew presents 📺 HARLEY QUINN: SN 3 💥 MONDAYS (Starting 8/1) @ 7pm PST/10pm EST

I know time flies when you’re having fun but can we slow down a little please? These are too quick and have to last for the week.

5 Likes

Its all about the pacifier, imo. :laughing:

6 Likes

Yes, yes… ado, Crew, ado… lest we find our old robes sit easier than our new.

6 Likes

:baby_bottle:

5 Likes

It was slightly torturous to do them this way back when Sn 1&2 were premiering here, and I had almost forgotten until we started them again :laughing: Anyway —this is a factual statement you make @ejdias.95910 & @Mae. :harleyquinn_hqas: Too fast.

Okay. G’night, peeps! :green_heart:

7 Likes

No worries! We’ll get a King episode Thursday! :blush::kingshark_hqas:

4 Likes

:pleading_face: Sigh, oh well, til next week then. Thank you @Razzzcat and @Mae . :hugs: @Hiraeth , glad you were finally able to make one but sorry there wasn’t hardly any Harley or Ivy. Hope you get to make more. Have a good night and good week everybody. :smiley:

7 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you, but Batgirl also had a lot of cultural and diverse representation before the movie was shelved. We as a fanbase don’t have to fight over it if the producers would acknowledge the value in giving us these things. I want it all, I want you to have what you want too. We don’t need to squabble over who gets a piece of the pie; we need to enlarge the pie.

4 Likes

All of the above. Plus- I don’t like how BG was portrayed as someone who would lose her focus over a man. Intensely sexist crap. The whole movie sux.

4 Likes

Interestingly enough, both the BG situation and the Catwoman :taco: situation involved B-Man… :eyes:

4 Likes

Alrighty y’all- as always I absolutely love our WALs! Thank you Queen @Razzzcat and Mighty @Mae! :hugs:

Hugest of :hugs:'s to you @TheCosmicMoth @ejdias.95910 @Hiraeth @NCharles39 @iJest @drewzirocks.3500! see everyone next week!

6 Likes

:hugs:

4 Likes

a) See the post above for my expectations on the prominence of Alysia’s queerness - and any three posts of mine for context on how much I hate Chris Chibnall - and
b) Everything Batgirl has in terms of gender, race, and sexuality (three women of color, including one trans, bisexual woman of color, notwithstanding other variants of Supergirl that are queer… Am I missing anything?), The Owl House has much more of. It says a lot that the word “Disney” led you to justifiably conclude otherwise.

I still think one thing is clearly more important than the other, but I’m gonna write your name down so I remember to thank you when I use this line once I’m rich and famous. But I think that’s another part of it: Not only is representation more important than the quality of a story, but I’m trying to enlarge the pie because there’s no way Batgirl doesn’t come out in the next four years. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll do every episode produced by Chibnall. DC must know this, we just came off of our sugar high we got while eating all the candy while watching the Snyder Cut. There’s a 5-10% chance the whole thing was a publicity stunt all along and it comes out before Christmas.

1 Like

I know I’m late but Happy DCUI anniversary @Razzzcat !!!

tenor-1

4 Likes

Thanks everyone :two_hearts: Have a wonderful night.

But I haven’t been arguing this, and I didn’t make that conclusion. I never said Batgirl had more representation in it than The Owl House. I am making the point that liking one thing doesn’t mean you have to like or dislike the other thing. Like, Batgirl’s representation was still meaningful for those fans. So was the story, and other aspects of the entertainment that they were looking forward to.

No one really knows, but it’s true that cultural significance is really important and representation/diversity helps people see themselves in a story. These things are more than just entertainment, they are art, and art makes us human. The ability to tell a story and use characters as symbolic representation is something that only humans can do. So I believe both are important, and the studio should focus more on making art instead of making money. If they make something that resonates with people, the money will make itself.

3 Likes

BOOM. Another thing you’ll probably forgot you wrote until I quote it in fifteen years. Also, I don’t dislike Batgirl. I’m not a hardcore fan, but I did feel the bottom drop out of my stomach for a bit when I saw the IGN video “Why the Batgirl Movie Was Canceled”.

5 Likes

@DC89 you’ve seen this yet? :thinking::pensive:

4 Likes

:flushed: RUN!

5 Likes

6 Likes

There was a topic for this, but it got closed for a reason.

I think this is a more appropriate spot for this topic (:face_with_monocle:provided everyone keeps their heads :heart:):

7 Likes