Harley’s Crew | Book Club 40 | Spotlight: Poison Ivy

She’s a tough one to get much info on prior to the Modern Age. When that’s the case I pull from multiple online sources to map it out, and in Ivy’s case, they really didn’t give her much in the way of a backstory until…the 80s (Thnx to the one and only Neil Gaiman, if I’m not mistaken), where she is from Seattle, so let’s say YES. :rose:

Ps. I have to do this now. :nerd_face: :notes: If Ivy had a small Seattle/Olympia/grunge/riot grrl playlist:

7 Likes

I started Poison Ivy #1 and ended up binge-reading. Posted in the other topic since I was ahead, but I’m here too because the mods told me I need to :sweat_smile:! I heard it was good, but that’s an understatement. Every page is (sheesh) beautiful and intelligent. The story starts in a dark place, but she’s driven in two opposite directions by love. Truth: It’s one of the better series I’ve read in a while. I’m sayin’ 5 out of 5.

7 Likes

Did. :00_swamp_thing: All I read were the FS1shots. Sound like I didn’t mssd much! :bone: Took the L, n moved on.

5 Likes

@Zips4tw To say that “I’m very happy you’re enjoying Ivy’s series” is an understatement. :rose: :laughing: I look forward to your thoughts as it continues!

Honestly :eyes: you didn’t.

Ps, whoever happens to see this :green_heart: Legion of Bloom is…possibly my new favorite team/team nameI think. :woman_judge:t2:

6 Likes

Hi again! Some I’ve read, some I haven’t. My favorite is Poison Ivy #1. Everything about it is top notch. It’s almost feels like the kind of smart, edgy book that once would’ve been published by Vertigo. It suits modern-Ivy. A great start to a series long overdue. My second favorite would be Suicide Squad, but that probably isn’t surprising. :grinning:

I don’t want to be resurrecting an old discussion, but the resources are awesome and your polls made me laugh!

6 Likes

The secret origins one you mean? i dont see it in the library, this is a great list, too. i dont know some o f them lol, I’ll listen

4 Likes

some of those were okay, miracle molly was one i think, i remember she was interesting but no, you didn’t miss much in the end

5 Likes

Sorry I’m just seeing this. That be the one!

5 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes