Harley Quinn S2, E8 Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

Great episode. I am trying to pay attention to who writes each one because that really seems to matter on this show…this one was Tom Hyndman and I think he has been fantastic— wrote a few of the great episodes last season, maybe second to Adam Stein. I also really liked Sarah Peters “Trapped” this season for capturing the Catwoman “mean girl” dynamic.

I’m curious if anyone knows how these shows are written—is the script framework/plot created by the main writer and then workshopped in the writers room for jokes?

10 Likes

Word Balloon podcast on YouTube with John Siuntres has been doing in-depth interviews with Harley’s show runner since the show started on SYFY. There is one for each episode and it’s very thorough look inside the show and the writer’s room.

8 Likes

I loved Psycho this episode. Especially when he roasted Batgirl’s dull and unoriginal name.

4 Likes

Oh my god…
this episode was amazing, I felt Harley on her power trip to avoid feelers. This is why I love her! :joy: but next week…

Why did you do this to me???

20 Likes

I loved how when Granny Goodness was shaking the entire area she was just walking lol!! Love this show!!!

9 Likes

lol, I’ll be darned. I missed that it was Iron Man. Why didn’t he just use his hand beam to blow out those chains?!

6 Likes

So many great Paul Dini penned Batman: TAS episode references in Harley’s rap sheet

Also the file number is the airdate of Harley’s first appearance in Joker’s Favor I believe

Mad Love
Joker’s Favor
Girl’s Night Out
Laughing Fish
Harley’s Holiday
Harlequinade
Joker’s Millions
Holiday Knights
Almost Got 'Im

13 Likes

What an absolutely tragic ending.

Like, it’s one thing to realize “Holy ■■■■, I have feelings for another woman”, but coupled with “That woman is my best friend” and “That best friend is getting married to someone else”? The internalization is strong with this one

16 Likes

Darkseid really hit the nail on the head with Harley… :pleading_face:

14 Likes

That is Mr. Miracle. He is Darkseid’s son.

9 Likes

If they have decided to release the show weekly why wouldn’t they show a trailer for the next weeks episode. It’s infuriating :confused:

6 Likes

I noticed this too I was impressed with the nod to the OG

5 Likes

Lol I agree. I really hope they’re not just queer bating us!

8 Likes

I know! I’m so sad there’s no trailees

2 Likes

I was devistated when Harley didn’t tell ivy the truth

8 Likes

Ahh, thanks! I didn’t know that Mr. Miracle has literally the same mask as Iron Man. Maybe it’s just the way the animation is there. Does he have the same powers as Iron Man? Kind of surprised of the similarities … maybe that was just a joke that @Aylex was making. Those of us who aren’t deep dive comic book readers aren’t going to pick up on these things, but it’s nice that they include them for the long time comics readers.

6 Likes

Am sure that eventually Harley will confess her true feelings to Ivy. Makes for more drama dragging that kind of stuff out, which I suspect was the thinking. The titles of the upcoming episodes give us pretty good clues as to what’s going to happen between Harley & Ivy before Season 2 wraps.

7 Likes

Oh no! I forgot!

3 Likes

So many things I wanted to see in this episode; Darkseid with a comical but big bad evil voice, what might’ve been Jessica Walters, some Kiteman development and a stable US president.

6 Likes

I enjoyed the episode. Ivy doing such a great job of sticking up for Kiteman will make any breakup feel that much worse.

7 Likes