Harley Quinn S2, E13 Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

Ok that was a wild ride. I actually had to pause in a few places to process what happened.

Kitemanā€™s reaction to the betrayal pointed to the fact that he was losing faith in the relationship. His breaking it off was actually sad though. Ivy getting cold feet at the ā€œhappiest day of her lifeā€ and then again at the altar was super ominous. Canā€™t picture her in that domestic setting at all like Chuck was describing. Even I was getting really uncomfortable with how mundane and normal it sounded.
I am super happy with how this season wrapped. The show told us that the most important thing isnā€™t being a good person altogether, itā€™s working on your issues and making efforts in the right direction. So wholesome. Would watch again.

11 Likes

Man this whole series is like bad fanfiction. Ending my DC subscription.

I remember in an interview earlier this year the producers mentioned that the car from the Harley & Ivy episode would show up in the series as an Easter Egg cameo. And sure enough, the end of this episode Harley and Ivy are driving in Rose Bud!

Rose Bud

18 Likes

OMG :exploding_head::exclamation:That Was BEAUTIFUL :heart_eyes: :exclamation:Thatā€™s How You End A Season. Good For Kite-Man To Finally Admit It Wasnā€™t Working :clap:t4: COBB SQUADā€‹:exclamation: Oh Harley Iā€™m So Happy For You & Ivy. Clayface Singing Amongst The Chaos, How Theatrical!

9 Likes

I get this and I want to see Ivy have more agency, but I would like to see it as a much bigger piece of Ivyā€™s character development. She hasnā€™t really been herself. Catwoman calls her out on it. She says it to Harley in the corn factory and she says it again in the car. The most ā€œPosion Ivyā€ thing weā€™ve seen her do successfully is when sheā€™s sitting on the docks with Harley earlier in the season ā€œpunishing Ace Chemicals board directors for illegal toxic dumping.ā€ Itā€™s also the moment Harley tells her she doesnā€™t have to change. Her not making the decision here leaves room for her full progression back to ā€œecoterrorist Poison Ivy who is also sorting out love with psycho Harleyā€ and that is a train wreck I would love to watch.

11 Likes

Not the end I hope. Adventures clearly donā€™t stop there. But letā€™s me real. The most heart jerking moment was that final woof woof from Norman.

4 Likes

And he had a little bow tie!!!

Thank goodness Bane wasnā€™t killed he must be protected :banehappyhqtas:

9 Likes

Just announced on Twitter ā€¦

13 Likes

I feel like we need to talk about

-Frank rockinā€™ the hell out that Van :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
-Frank eating Condiment King
-PLASTIC F%&king FLOWERS at POISON IVYā€™s WEDDING??
-Tim Burton dating Selina
-Selina refusing to wear the ugly dress
-The splendid :notes: that kicks in every time Selina speaks
-Gordo just in general this Ep.
-King & Clayface all dashing in their tuxes :sunglasses:
-CHERYL IS BACK
-BANE IS BACK
-Jennifer and that tit-punch :joy: (I expected more carnage, but that was hilarious)

15 Likes

-SCREAMS- :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I concur, madam :face_with_monocle: :smile:Bane :100: MUST be protected! He is a treasure!!

Oh and @Julius I :100: agree w/ every single thing you said, too. We need more development and story from Ivyā€™s perspective. Too slippery a slope to leave it there. And kinda too rushed for my liking. :neutral_face: Otherwise it almost just feels like the same old disappointing ending for Harls & Ivy.

Please renew @DC_Community this is my favorite telenovela! :grin::green_heart:

9 Likes

I really hope we didnā€™t see the last of Kite Man he is my favorite character and I was glad to see Bane at the weeding, I was 100% sure he was going to get emotional

6 Likes

Weeding?

1 Like

Poor Kiteman

4 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more.

I am impressed by the writing of this show. I think how Kite-Man broke things off was perfect. I did not expect that at all. But, it works the best.

I hope that there is a season three.

I also like where things were left with Ivy and Harley.

I was so afraid that they would go too schmaltzy with it and have either Harley brake in and stop the wedding and confess her feelings again and Ivy would just be like ā€œOk, bye Kite-Man, I love Harley now!ā€ Or Ivy would just do that on her own. And then theyā€™d just married right then and there or something.

It was a sweet get away in the ā€œjust marriedā€ car as a possible nod to the future.

But, why I didnā€™t want something too over the top was because I really donā€™t think their relationship is there yet; and I know there is a temptation to crowd please with a big, gushing emotional ending. Especially if this is the end of the show.

Instead, the writers took a lot of restraint. Their relationship was left in a place where it realistically should be at this stage. Ivy is no longer bound to Kite-Man. But, she is not instantly bound instead to a romantic relationship with Harley either.

Instead, Ivy can now explore that option at her own pace and let that relationship develop naturally. Which, I think is the right place to leave the relationship and would make for a great way to go into season three.

Weā€™ve seen Harley and Ivy be friends. Weā€™ve seen them basically be roommates. But, weā€™ve never really seen them date. Like, for real date. Their relationship as friends is well established. But, their relationship as a potential couple honestly isnā€™t. Season three would allow them to get to know each other better in this new journey and what that would be like.

Things change a lot when you move from friendship to something more serious. And that would make for a lot of comedic and emotional moments.

13 Likes

Really want a season 3 where a bitter kite man goes for revenge or something. However do have to agree that they wrapped everything up nicely that idk if they should do a season 4

4 Likes

Omg I need a season three! Iā€™m crying, this was beautiful! Perfect finale! :raised_hands:t2:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve seen other people say theyā€™d like to see Kite-man become some kind of scorned lover and becomes an antagonist for H & I moving forward. I donā€™t think thatd work out for him, since this isnā€™t his show heā€™s gonna have to take the L no matter what happens if they go that route.:thinking:

Itā€™s better to let him keep his dignity than to put him in a unwinnable situation with the shows title character

7 Likes

Just wanna say to the creators, them driving off in ā€œRosebudā€ was the perfect bookend.

9 Likes