HARLEY QUINN S1 Ep 01 Premiere Reaction Thread 🚨WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD! 🚨

I really like the casting, especially Kaley Cuoco. But other than that, no thanks.

2 Likes

Hi a im new here i want in this application is for pay I need to know ?

It’s ok. Not without issues.
Harley needs her accent.
The humor doesn’t really work

Ivy’s characterization is what lifts the show.

I’m worried about a secondary character carrying the show right now.

Harley doesn’t come out natural. Unless they find a way to make Harley work, I think this show will struggle.

13 Likes

What a phenomenal pilot.

There is so much that needs to be stuffed into the first episode of a new series. You’re not just setting up characters and plot lines; a pilot absolutely must nail its thesis statement - i. e. ‘THIS is what the show is all about.’

Harley Quinn did this perfectly in just twenty-two minutes. I now know exactly what I’m going to be getting for the next twelve weeks (and the back end of thirteen episodes next year), and I can’t wait for more - more Ivy, more whacked-out Jim Gordon, more of Alan Tudyk’s Joker, and especially more of Kaley Cuoco’s Harley.

Great performances, animation, writing … of course, I expect no less from DCU.

20 Likes

When I heard Harley was going to lose her accent, I went in slightly dreading Kaley’s performance, but I actually really enjoyed it! She has such great energy.

Ivy gets my vote as MVP of the ep. A lot of the humor fell flat, but the interactions between her and Harle are enough to get me to tune in again.

Cursing is jarring, and I’m a huge DP fan, so it’s not an issue of me finding it offensive. I think it’s because I’m not used to hearing it from Harle. Right now, it feels forced. Might just be a matter of an adjustment period.

… and I kinda prefer cracked out Jim to the real one.

13 Likes

Hi and welcome, @tgonzalezmiranda1608.81982. :slight_smile: You can speak in this community for free, but if you want to watch the shows, you have to sign up. It is $7.99 per month or $74.99 per year.

3 Likes

I ■■■■■■■ loved it!

10 Likes

this was such an amazing episode !

5 Likes

Really good. I don’t watch cartoons but this was fantastic.

3 Likes

I’m not one for the overuse of cursing or gore, but I managed to enjoy the first episode. Ivy is such a good character and I think she’ll be a fan favorite. Harley and the Joker’s conversation about Reese Witherspoon movies cracked me up. Can’t wait for more!

5 Likes

I think it was phenomenal. I was worried about Cuoco’s voice but she nailed it. Those complaining about the gore and language haven’t been too far into the rebirth or new 52. Harley has became a bit of a campy and fun character since ditching The Joker. It took her old classic costume everyone complains about not seeing and shoved it up the Joker’s butt. He created her as a jester. Harley is over being his sidekick and the punchline! Woo hoo come on episode two!

8 Likes

This was a great episode! The animation was beautiful, and Kaley Cuoco did a wonderful job as Harley. It does an excellent job at deconstructing elements of the Batman comics like the Joker/Batman dynamic. It was definitely worth the hype!

9 Likes

Just watched it! Very intrigued about what’s to come. Ivy has excellent characterization, I can’t wait to see what this show does with her and everyone else in the coming episodes. I really wish I could binge it all right now!

6 Likes

A solid first episode. While I didn’t find it as funny as some did, I did catch myself chuckling more then once. Gordan was hilarious and the villians had a level of depth not seen much on comic book series, while still being totally eeevvvil.

The voice acting was all top notch. Weird hearing Harley Quinn not have a Jersey accent, and unless it was just they wanted name value not sure why Tara Strong couldn’t have done Harley’s voice for this. But all in all it was a lot of fun and expect it to only get better going forward. Another solid DCU Original.

5 Likes

Overall I really liked it. Like someone else said, it was great as a pilot, it felt like it knew exactly what they wanted to do and executed properly, and I feel like it’s only going to get better as the series progresses.

Hot Mess Gordon might take a little getting used to. Man, you would think that was Harvey Bullock. I’m kind of hoping that he at least kind of gets his act together by the end.

Also, for a split second I thought it was really messed up that when Joker makes his choice and Harley was falling to what was thought to be her death and Batman went after Joker. Then, when it’s revealed what the stuff actually was, it made perfect sense – Batman probably figured out the minute he looked at the liquid that it was margarita mix and was playing along because even HE wants Harley to break up with The Joker.

7 Likes

From the only trailer I saw it looked like Adult Swim meets Harley Quinn and that’s pretty much what it is. I wasn’t looking forward to this until the glowing reviews came out. Solid episode imo. Even though I prefer Harley’s Jester look to the more modern one they use now at least the story served the purpose for the change and done well imo. I will say Jim Gordon is the stand out character with just that small scene I thought it was hilarious how he would be so over the top and kinda crazy himself being in Gotham for so long. He felt like a character out of The Venture Bros. show with the weird characters they have on there. Heard this series has clever things like that where they flip the script or play around with how certain characters are. I can see the complaint of it being too gory + cursing. It didn’t bother me like I thought it would’ve when seeing the one trailer I watched. It definitely has my interest now.

6 Likes

What a fantastic debut! That had me laughing from start to finish, and the voice acting was top-notch. All in all, it was everything I was hoping for and well worth the wait

4 Likes

I don’t typically like HQ, but this show is pretty entertaining so far.

The only aspect of the episode I didn’t really like was the portrayal of Gordon. It just doesn’t work, even as a parody of the character.

3 Likes

Not gonna lie .I love Harley especially after I read her solo series. Then they announced this and I was in that hype train. But this was kinda of a let down. It wasn’t bad just could have been better and a lot less of pc culture

3 Likes

I haven’t laughed more and been this engaged in a animated show in a while. Well done by DCU, this is going to be a instant classic. I love the gore and unnecessary cursing and deaths. What a fun show.

13 Likes