Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey 2

“Over the course of her illustrious and very high-class career, Harley’s met pretty much every super-villain who ever worked in Gotham City. Some hate her. Some love her. But none of that’s gonna matter once they see how many zeroes there are on the bounty The Joker’s offering for her head! Sorry, Harley—it’s just business. Your next of kin will understand, right? Meanwhile, Cassandra Cain finds herself in the unenviable position of being Harley Quinn’s bodyguard…but this could be her opportunity to learn a little about, y’know, loosening up? If she’s currently wound too tight, then just sit next to Auntie Harley…she’s got more than her share of loose screws!”

Feel free to express you excitement for these books or to talk about how much you’re enjoying reading them, but please don’t begin any spoiler conversations until Saturday, 06/27/2020.

For updates on future Black Label releases and to join ThatBlackLabelLife Book Club go here:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g/ThatBlackLabelLife

3 Likes

I finally got around to reading issue 1 and I really enjoyed it. Honestly, it could have been a one-shot and worked, so getting three more issues is a bonus.

1 Like

I picked up the variant cover of Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey 2. I probably should have gone back to read the first issue as there was a giant gap between releases. I did enjoy this issue. There have been a few Birds of Prey books with Harley on the team release in the past few months and this series is the best. Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti understand Harley and all of her quirky little hangups better than most writers. My one complaint is that this is basically a Harley book and Birds of Prey are playing second fiddle. I would like to see more Birds action in the next issue.

1 Like

I’ve really been enjoying this story these past two issues. While I also liked the movie, I feel like this is what Birds of Prey should have been.

2 Likes