Happy Free Comic Book Day 2022

I was able to meet Mike DeCarlo at todays FCBD! Brought my copy of Death in the Family that I had previously had Jim Starlin sign! Plus free comics!!!

15 Likes

Very nice! :+1:

8 Likes

I went to Aw Yeah Comics in Skokie, IL and saw Art Baltazar. He’s always great with the kids!

He drew a couple sketches for my son and I. Awesome Bear and Abraham Linkage!

9 Likes

I was all set to go to FCBD but the City of Albuquerque decided that Saturday at noon was the perfect time to do construction work on the freeway. Total gridlock. Suffice it to say, I got off on the next mile marker and went back home.

Luckily, at least two of the books I wanted were available digitally.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I had hit construction on the way to see my youngest child’s dance competition in the morning but luckily none in way back. I have had other years where my day was busy with family obligations to make a stop.

2 Likes

Cool!

3 Likes

I had a bit of a misadventure for Free Comic Book Day, I found out there was an open comic shop in a city an hour away from me but when I went there, I found out that they were having distributer issues and the only had one box with one title from FCBD. Google told me that there was another shop a few blocks and I walked around to not find it at all, which tells me it was probably out of business. So to make it feel like my day wasn’t wasted, I went to Barnes & Noble to get some trades. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes