Happy Festivus! Time for the Airing of Grievances – DC Edition!

The airing of grievances is my favorite part of Festivus, and I thought that we should practice it here, and let the good folks at DC know all the ways they’ve let us down over the last year! I’ll go first. My list of complaints for DC isn’t nearly as long as the ones for Disney or the BBC - For those, look at literally any of my posts - But here goes:
(In no particular order):

• Despite Wonder Woman being canonically bisexual, only in the remotest of alternate realities is she actually allowed to date women.

• DC vs. Vampires makes no sense. It just doesn’t. It’s never explained why some vampires still have their personalities and some become bloodsucking monsters.

• The Green Lantern TV series is effectively being scrapped and remade into a whole other thing, meaning it’ll still be a while before we see Jessica Cruz, one of the best DC characters, in live-action.

• Batgirl has been postponed. As I’ve said before, the DC execs have to know DC fans are relentless. There’s no Universe where it doesn’t come out in the next four or five years. There’s a decent chance it comes out by Valentine’s Day. So it just bugs me that so many people will focus on that rather than The Owl House, something that is really ■■■■■■■ important.

• Whatever the ■■■■ happened to that which was once the Arrowverse.

• The Sandman omitting crossovers with Etrigan, Sandman (Hector Hall), and the JLI.

5 Likes

THIS.

You mean this upcoming Valentine’s Day? I mean I’m still w/ you in hoping it can be resurrected in the next several years, mainly if WB gets new leadership that really wants to make it happen. But given the amount of work that still needs to be done on it, there’s no way it could come out anywhere near that quickly

3 Likes

For the love of Zod, please stop listening to the scoopers about DC movie crap. They don’t know any more than you do, they’re just pulling stuff out of their ass because they know it’ll get fans angry enough to read the clickbait.

Also, as much as I enjoyed Death Metal and Dark Crisis, can we have a moratorium on the whole “multiverse/reality shattering event that changes everything” thing for…I was going to say 10 years, but since it is a season of giving, I’ll be nice and say 5.

2 Likes

In the immortal words of @arkhamassassin, “THIS.

2 Likes

I mean that they were screwing with us all along and it’s still actively being worked on.

1 Like

I feel like it just depends on the scooper. You should always take scoops w/ a grain of salt, but there are still some that are mostly reliable while others absolutely fit this description

Where did you hear Batgirl is still actively being worked on?

1 Like

I mean that that’s what I meant was a decent possibility. I didn’t hear it from anyone

1 Like

No, its not coming out any time soon

2 Likes

Can we extend this to events in general at both DC and Marvel? Because none of the events really feel like they matter.

3 Likes

I mean… Agree to disagree, I guess.

1 Like

For the DCU films to live, Batgirl had to die.

1 Like

The 40th anniversary of “Crisis on Infinite Earths” is 2025. There’s no way that DC can resist having a Crisis-level event that year as a “tribute”. In fact, my current conspiracy theory is that the only reason that the infinite Earths were brought back in “Dark Crisis” is just so that they can be destroyed again in “Crisis on Infinite Earths 2” (or whatever) in 2025.

2 Likes

You’re right, which sucks, because the older something gets, the further apart its anniversaries should be celebrated. Crisis on Infinite Earths should be celebrated in 2010, 2035, and not in between.

2 Likes

You think you’ve got DC related grievances? This may top them all:

2 Likes

Festivus has not ended from last night, as no one in my house has been able to pin me.

2 Likes

I laughed so hard at that lol

1 Like

:frowning:

2 Likes