Happy Birthday Barbara Gordon!

๐‡๐€๐๐๐˜ ๐๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐‡๐ƒ๐€๐˜ ๐๐€๐๐’!!!

14 Likes

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Soda fountain maintenance MVP as well. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

#BGBDAY55 :birthday:
:00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

13 Likes

:laughing: i think the Cousin Itt will give me maximum dramatic windsweep, and like @scoop001 said, the red will pop!

everyone please pretend this gif was my first post in the thread

batgirlparties

11 Likes

Love looking at your collection every time you post it @capo-mage. :smiley: :+1:

12 Likes

iโ€™m enjoying how cheerfully she kicks this guy right in the face

bgkick

14 Likes

This is not just BG here but our own lovely @DC89โ€™s theme song!

14 Likes

IKR? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: She has an infectious enthusiasm for her work, along with undeniable style.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

BGBDAY55 :birthday:

13 Likes

:smiley: :purple_heart:

14 Likes

that cape swoop

giphy (16)

10 Likes

:laughing: Thatโ€™s the only way to drink!

10 Likes

Happy Birthday Babs!!!

And special thanks to our Batgirl expert @DC89 for starting this party!

12 Likes

Thank you Sir!

12 Likes

:birthday:Happy Birthday Batgirlโ€‹:birthday:

13 Likes

TY for looking & appreciating it!!! Happy birthday Babs!!! :purple_heart::yellow_heart::white_heart:โ€ฆ. Sorry Iโ€™m in & out. Iโ€™m rereading Dark Nights Death Metal lol. Iโ€™m popping in when I can tho.

10 Likes

Fantastic! I did my part to ring in Ms. Gordonโ€™s very special day. :+1:t2:

10 Likes

Soโ€ฆ in honor of BGโ€™s special day, I was inspired on the drive back home today, and if itโ€™s alright with everyone, Iโ€™d like to write up a little ficlet and share it with you all. :warning:Just a heads up, I havenโ€™t written fanfiction in about a year or so, but hereโ€™s what I got. I apologize if this is bad, but I promise I can write better than this.:warning:

(Cracks knuckles) @DC89, this oneโ€™s for you. I really hope you like it :purple_heart:

Her heart was beating very fast, as her nerves were tingling in delight and nervousness, with a swirling mixture of adrenaline, similar to the feelings of being on the ice all those years ago. How was it that she was feeling nervous to do something she never thought would happen? Perhaps it was the natural fear of messing up, or embarrassing herself, but she kept repeating the mantra in her head. โ€œShe will never judge you, she will never hate you, she loves you even if she doesnโ€™t know it just yet.โ€ She knew that when Mrs. Todd asked her to do this task for her, it was the opportunity of a lifetime. This was her chance to not only meet the legendary Batgirl, but she was going to deliver her birthday cake to her.

German chocolate, just like she had mentioned once and it had locked into her brain as one of her favorite flavors. While Mrs. Todd could have easily delivered it herself, she knew that she wanted her fellow LadyBat to do the honors and allow her dream to come true. Even though it was Babโ€™s special day, it was also special for 89.

She watched as the waterfall practically split in two, allowing her entrance to the dark Batcave, a place she has seen over the years in pictures, but even she had to admit it was darker than she had anticipated. She did as her friend instructed, follow the bats and theyโ€™ll lead you to the main area, and she parked her motorbike next to the Batmobileโ€ฆ the actual infamous Batmobile. She couldnโ€™t help the smile that broke loose as she laid eyes on it. It was a lot shinier in person, a fine example of Alfredโ€™s work.

She took in a deep breath as she very carefully took out the cake from her backpack, and slowly lifted the lid of the box. Thank God she didnโ€™t frost the cake, otherwise it would have been an embarrassing mess, and she wasnโ€™t prepared for that. When she finally checked to make sure the cake was still in perfect condition, she began to make her way to the main area where the party was being held as lyrics of Thatโ€™s My Girl by Fifth Harmony played in the room.

She spotted a few familiar faces around the room as she walked towards the party. Many of them she knew from their profile pics on DCUIโ€™s community, and she made a note to meet them all soon. Right now she was on a mission, stay calm as she asked the birthday girl where to put the cake, and introduce herself.

She tried not to squeal as she saw the Batgirl herself wearing the infamous purple suit from the 1960โ€™s, of course she would bring back the classic look that started it all on this special day. As she drew closer, Barbara turns her head and they immediately make eye contact, and the world begins to blur in 89โ€™s eyes. Her footsteps become faster, and the sounds of the music is nonexistent. All she sees is her, and her body moves all on its own.

She eventually makes a full stop, right there in front of her. They are nearly at eye level, and Babs gives her a smile.

โ€œWelcome to the party, Iโ€™m so glad you could make it!โ€ She beams. She glances down at the box and gently lifts the lid, her eyes lighting up, โ€œGerman chocolate, one of my faves!โ€

Seeing her smile at her and welcoming her to the party takes her mind off the nerves she was initially feeling before. She smiled back, finally being able to relax for the first time that day.

โ€œThank you for inviting me, itโ€™s an honor to meet you.โ€

17 Likes

foW

12 Likes

Thank you! :grin:

10 Likes

That was FAN-tastic @TheWifeOfJasonTodd! A year off doesnโ€™t matter when you are good at what you do. Iโ€™m not @DC89, but even I may have blushed a littleโ€ฆ

11 Likes

As if it was fate, this arrived today just in time for Batgirlโ€™s birthday.

15 Likes