Happy Birthday Barbara Gordon!

On November 29th, 1966 a new hero added her name to the roster of legendary characters within the DC Universe, and her name is Barbara Gordon.

But you might know her from a different moniker:

BATGIRL

barbara-gordon_oracle

or perhaps ORACLE

Created by Batman 66 TV series executive producer William Dozier along with then DC Comics editor Julius Schwartz, BG made her million dollar debut in the pages of Detective Comics #359 and was vividly brought to life on the page by artist Carmine Infantino and writer Gardener Fox.

Over the five plus decades that my gurrrlll has been in action she’s seen triumph, tragedy, and a plethora of challenges that has transformed her into one of the world’s finest supers ever to appear within the comics domain.

e8fbd83f55d765eb95b038a39ffe28a1
tumblr_mdgktqqWmf1qbujox

You can read up on all of Barb’s adventures here on DCUI:

:notes:Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Put your heart and your soul in it
Ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing, ain’t nothing
Now put your heart and your soul in it :notes:

Happy B-Day BG! At fifty-five you’ve never looked better! I love you sooo much with every bit of my heart, and I always and forever will.
:purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart:

:00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :00_batgirl1:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:

#BGBDAY55

35 Likes

She is now as old as I am.

16 Likes

She was created 8 months after I was born!

16 Likes

Queen @Razzzcat Mighty @Mae @mccaggers91 @c02goddess.16092 Excellent @xLOVEandDoomPatrolx Mr. @biff_pow @TheCosmicMoth @TheWifeOfJasonTodd @Pow-Pow @SteveTrevor2.0 - where ya’ at! Come celebrate BG’s B-Day with me! :smiley:

#BGBDAY55 :birthday:
:00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

24 Likes

Yes! Happy bee-day Babsie! :hugs: :purple_heart: Here’s to the next 55 years of amazing awesomeness!

24 Likes

:purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

23 Likes

And you both look fantastic!

:smiley:

:purple_heart: :yellow_heart: :purple_heart: :00_batgirl1: :0_batgirl: :birds_of_prey_club_oracle: :00_birds_of_prey:

20 Likes

Happy birthday to Barbara Gordon, better known as Batgirl! This is how I first encountered her, way back when…

While others have played the role, it’s still Yvonne Craig I see when I picture Babs in my head!

21 Likes

Happy Bday, BG :heart:

22 Likes

The first time I ever saw her was on TV, afternoon cartoons hour when I was a tiny kiddo in the early 80s:

I was so amazed and excited by this amazing flourish of purple and gold fantasticness. :star_struck:

Fast forward to 1989 and this moment of reacquaintance with the one who would very soon afterwards become my most fave superhero of all time:

18 Likes

#BGBDAY55!

tumblr_5972d309a4340f60c68fbe673c68611f_6a8a2a

16 Likes

World’s Finest

4dt26zz9gzd31

19 Likes

Happy Birthday BG!

89d67b048e2275745ed0f8631abcea89dfde9a09v2_hq~2

17 Likes

This is sooo Kara. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :purple_heart: :00_supergirl: I love it @Pow-Pow. :smiley:

15 Likes

This is the cutest thing!

17 Likes

IKR? ‘Girl’s Night Out’ was such a great episode. I love their energy together. :0_batgirl: :0_supergirl:

15 Likes

Happy Birthday Batgirl! :confetti_ball::birthday::tada:

xbgr1x

17 Likes

This is SUPER COOOOL! :eyes: :flushed: :smiley: :+1:
Annndddd cue the music!

This is some of the greatest BG cosplay I’ve ever seen. Thx so much for posting it along with the rest of that super cool BG imagery @TravisMorgan. :+1:

15 Likes

Live action BG.

Yvonne Craig (BGLiveActionPrime)

Dina Meyer (BOP Leader)

Baby BG! :smiley: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: (And her awesome Mama!)

Savannah Welch (Heart and Soul) :purple_heart:

And coming soon…

Leslie Grace (The Mantle is passed)

18 Likes

Happiest of Birthdays Barbara Gordon, you’ve never looked better!!! :birthday: :balloon:

15 Likes