Happy 20th Birthday Teen Titans Series!

On July 19th 2003 the animated series Teen Titans premiered on Cartoon Network and fans were immediately drawn into the show’s timely look and engaging storytelling. Combining traditional animated story pacing with Japanese animation style visuals series producer DC Entertainment and series creator Glen Murakami were able to bring the Marv Wolfman/George Perez era and beyond of the teenaged superheroes saga to a whole new audience. The series would run for five seasons and to this day die hard fans are hoping for a sixth installment.

#TeenTitansAtTwenty
#TitansGo!
:00_teen_titans:

18 Likes

Forever classic series intro here:

#TeenTitansAtTwenty

10 Likes

The series opened with the episode ‘Final Exam’

#TeenTitansAtTwenty

9 Likes

Good show.

7 Likes

I remember watching the premiere on CN back in the day. Man 20 years already!? Way to make me feel old. :sweat_smile:

But yeah its still a pretty great toon, i’ll have to revisit it soon.

8 Likes

Hey @DC89, when there’s trouble you know who to call, (Teen Titans!) Up in their tower they see it all, (Teen Titans)!
I remember when the show first aired I thought it was interesting, I knew who Robin and Cyborg were at the time, but never heard of Beastboy, Starfire and Raven.
I pretty much enjoy watching it and love the opening theme.
Their comics on DC Universe Infinite Library is really enjoyable to read, just look for Teen Titans Go! title.
Just last Thursday one of my favorite youtube channel Secret Galaxy made a history video of the show, hope you enjoy it.:smiley:

7 Likes

Love this show so much!
IMG_2235

:00_teen_titans1: :00_teen_titans:

9 Likes

Teen Titans series creator Glen Murakami worked on a number of Warner Bros animated series including Ben 10 and Batman Beyond before getting the Titans show greenlit. Here he is back in the early 2000s right around the time that TT was getting ready to hit the airwaves:
#TeenTitansAtTwenty

10 Likes

This used to be my first go-to show to watch as a kid. It has a lot of humor but also knew when to get dark and serious. Maybe even a bit scary. I still highly enjoy this show :blue_heart:

10 Likes

TWENTY YEARS ALREADY?! :sob:

This is my all time FAVORITE rendition of TT, as well as one my comfort shows that I’ll never stop revisiting. I remember when I was a kid drawing Raven all the time, pretending to have her powers, mumbling “Azarath Metrion Zinthos” under my breath … typical cringey kid stuff. :laughing:

I also remember playing Teen Titans: Battle Blitz religiously on the Cartoon Network website. That’s how I’d spend like, an entire Saturday. I mained Jinx!

11 Likes

I can’t believe it has been twenty years already. I was 11 when I started watching this show. I got my kids into it, so it can live on in my house!

13 Likes

I was only a baby when the show came out (here I am, making everyone here feel old :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but right before the start of my senior year of high school I started watching this show on DCU and I got really into it. I remember on my first day of school that year I came home, watched an episode and drank some apple juice, and then took a nice long catnap on the couch. It was nice.

To this day, I have yet to watch the last episode, because I know that I’m not emotionally ready for it.

11 Likes

POV: You’ve just been told that the Teen Titans animated series is now twenty years old.

I’ve been having to use that damn gif more and more lately. :rofl: :sob:

Anyway, that’s cool. If I’m perfectly honest, TT was a show that was kind of hit and miss for me. Like, a lot of times it felt way too goofy for me, but when it did get dark and serious, it worked really well.

13 Likes

My two favorite episodes are The Mad Mod and Haunted.

11 Likes

YES!

Mad Mod and Mumbo Jumbo were my two favorite villains of this show. Their episodes were among some of my faves as far as the more “filler” episodes went.

10 Likes

12 Likes

Great show!

11 Likes

20 years. Crazy to think about. This was of the if not the show that made me a DC fan. Remember watching this and playing the GameCube game like crazy with my brothers. Fun times.
Happy 20th TT03 :tada:

9 Likes

Such a great show, and also greatly missed! :purple_heart:

And big props to Beast Boy’s DOOM PATROL uniform! Respecting the history. :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

:raised_hands:

. . . annnd Larry!

9 Likes

Series’ cast pix here:

#TeenTitansAtTwenty

13 Likes