Hans Zimmer-thoughts?

I know it’s not exactly specially DC, but he’s done a lot of work with DC movies and their soundtracks. As a huge music fanatic, I Love his stuff. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

He’s fine, but as with many things related to the Christopher Nolan movies, I’ve been soured on his scores a bit by the rabid fanboys. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My second favorite composer behind John Williams. Man of Steel, Dark Knight Trilogy, Interstellar are the scores of his that I own. He’s also one of the many reasons I go see a Christopher Nolan movie when it comes out.

1 Like

@AlexanderKnox that’s totally fair haha, I’ve had plenty of experiences with that with multiples different themes or topics

@TheDarkKnieves I do love John Williams. I feel like their styles are very different though, so it’s sometimes hard to compare the two for me. I’m yet to listen to zimmer’s interstellar soundtrack. I definitely need to get around to that.

2 Likes

I think I’m alone in thinking Zimmer is actually really overrated. I don’t hate his scores, but they never seemed especially notable one way or another to me. Like, I’d never be able to identify a Zimmer score just by the sound of it like you might with someone like John Williams, Danny Elfman, or Alan Silvestri.

2 Likes

@JeepersItsTheJamags I will admit that he does feel fairly repetitive at times, but I guess part of me likes him because of the association with both the dark knight films, and the Snyder DC films (which unpopular opinion: I quite enjoyed​:man_shrugging:) haha.

1 Like

Even though im not a big fan of BVS, the score is fantastic. A Beautiful Lie is some of the best Batman music ever put to film.

1 Like

That one is good. I personally also like the red capes are coming and the day of the dead. It also is cool how he used the constant superman theme from both this and the man of steel, then changed it to what I believe is a different key, then giving to Batman in the end of the soundtrack to show the change in his ideology towards the world and his almost change of heart.

1 Like

Yes! Luthors theme is great! I noticed those things to, it really is a brilliant score.

2 Likes

His score is easily one of my favorite parts of any of the DC movies he’s worked on, and is a big reason why the Dark Knight trilogy is my favorite of all time. Combined w/ his work on The Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations, it’s more than enough to make him my favorite composer ever

1 Like

I do love the BvS score. Zimmer + Junkie XL are a good combination.

2 Likes

Not to mention his excellent Wonder Woman theme.
-M

3 Likes

@UnLagunas true!

1 Like

How could I forget! Most kickass hero theme ever.

1 Like

Fight Night’s also a tad underrated.
-M

2 Likes

I don’t recall fight night?

I’ll be back for this thread later.