Halloween Season and House of Horror's 1 Year Celebration!

I don’t really decorate the house. I do watch horror movies and maybe read more horror comics than normal.

2 Likes

Well of course the horror comics come out! :house_of_horror:

3 Likes

Plenty of decorating, reading extra horror comics and for about the last 5 years, no Halloween has come without us watching The Toy Story of Terror:

5 Likes

That one is a great! Scared Shrekless and the Monsters Vs Aliens is a load of fun.

4 Likes

You don’t gussy up your Elvira?

3 Likes

Last year Hubie Halloween came out on Netflix. I highly recommend it for those not into super scary movies.

I found it charming, funny and only a tiny bit spooky. I plan a rewatch this year.

5 Likes

I watched the trailer for the movie. It looks like an incarnation of Adam Sandler “their all going to laugh at you” comedy album. I’ll have to check it out!

5 Likes

On the total other end of the spectrum, I watched Malignant on HBO Max last weekend. Totally crazy, nuts, scary and definitely not one to watch with someone squeamish.

For the horror buff, though, it’s brilliant. It is one of those brand new movies that streams on HBO Max for 30 days and then comes back 2 or 3 months later. It ends its 30 days on
Sunday Oct 10.

5 Likes

Totally want to check out Malignant. It is near the top of my watch list.

4 Likes

Oh, don’t miss it. I may have screamed out loud at a certain point…you’ll know it when you see it. :grinning:

4 Likes

Nah. I figure she is Elvira after all. I also have a zombie gnome that just kinda hangs out.

4 Likes

I am currently watching Happy Halloween, Scooby-Doo! and it is the weirdest mixture of characters ever.

The Scooby Gang, Elvira, Billy Nye, and Scarecrow. It is like someone just wanted to see how many different franchises they can mix together in one animated adventure.

5 Likes

That’s a real new movie, I’ve only seen it like once. I really enjoyed the mix of characters. I thought it was funny how Daphne ended up with Elvira and tried to take her stuff. The car chase reminded me of Mad Max.

3 Likes

I picked that up and Scooby Meets Courage. I think after my Cowboy Bebop re-watch I will throw that on.

3 Likes

I wrote about that movie on my Scooby-Doo Discussion post recently.

3 Likes