Halloween Season and House of Horror's 1 Year Celebration!

:house_of_horror: Greetings Horror Hounds! :house_of_horror:

It is officially October and that means House of Horror is 1 year old!!! As part of the celebration, I thought it could be fun to see how everyone in @HouseofHorror is celebrating Halloween and the entire fall season.

For myself, fall doesn’t start until I go to a horror/b-movie convention called Cinema Wasteland. This was the first convention I was able to go to since 2019 and it was a lot of fun. I didn’t go by myself, @LaserPuff met me at the convention!

I picked up a lot of movies including the newly remastered Elvira’s Haunted Hills and a few discs signed by director Fred Olen Rey! He turned out to be really nice, telling some stories that I wouldn’t repeat here but I have heard b-movie gossip directly from the source haha.

Here is a picture of me and @LaserPuff!

:00_swamp_thing: If you haven’t joined the House of Horror all you need to do is click the “join button” here ! If you are new and would like to catch up on what we have read you can check out the House of Horror library here ! :00_swamp_thing:

9 Likes

Good for you guys! I had fun meeting some DC Universe members at a comic convention in Chicago back in 2019.

5 Likes

Nice!!! Looks like a good time to me.

3 Likes

:fireworks: :fireworks: Happy Anniversary! :fireworks: :fireworks:

He’s an entertaining guy. His filmography is also quite entertaining. :smirk:

Very cool! Its always fun to put faces to names. I gather @Laserpuff is the one in the Scooby-Doo shirt?

5 Likes

Did you two already know each other, or did you meet in the community?

4 Likes

Think community? Add on. Don’t have to answer. Does that mean @LaserPuff is from our neck of the woods @D4RK5TARZ?

4 Likes

Hey, @discordia57! :wave:t2:

Long time no see. How ya been?

5 Likes

I’ve been around, but obviously not as much. I try to come on everyday to at least keep up on the threads, even if I don’t post as much as I had been. Work has been keeping me busy. I was working morning shifts forever and it was great cause I’d get to participate in LALs and WALS, but the last two months, I’ve been on night shifts and it sucks. I’ve missed out on so much fun. Its nice having a Sat off, so I could spend some time on here. Though I slept through the TV club WAL this morning, which sucked cause I’d wanted to join in.

5 Likes

You are correct. I am rocking my work from home and hardly leaving my house beard.

We met in the community.

He is in our area!

5 Likes

Quite the super beard, m’man. I haven’t shaved in two days, and I’m eager to buzz the thing off (my “beard” that is, not yours :wink:) toot sweet, I tells ya!

Excellent choice of face mask, BTW. Just doesn’t get better. :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

Love the masks! Anyway, I have most of my Halloween decorations up. It’s been raining since October started, so it’s taking time this year to get all of them up! I’ll celebrate as usual by watching a ton of classic horror movies (especially Hammer Horrors and Arsenic and Old Lace) and come Halloween eating what candy doesn’t get handed out to trick or treaters. On an unrelated note, I’ll also observe Dia de Muertos at the end of the month (my other favorite fall holiday).

4 Likes

That’s super cool, that you guys became friends here!

5 Likes

:sob: Yeeeees this is amazing!

5 Likes

I forgot to mention it earlier, but @Laserpuff’s glasses are quite similar to mine.

My lenses are rectangular too, but they each have a black frame around them.

4 Likes

Sounds like you have good taste. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you.

We snazzy, bespectacled guys know the goods, do we not? :sunglasses:

SN: Check out the Wonder Woman poster in the above gif! That’s apropos. :wonderwoman:

4 Likes

I ended up picking up these coasters from one of the vendors at Cinema Wasteland.

3 Likes

Don’t let those scratch your table!

2 Likes

To celebrate Halloween my wife and I love watching Movies and decorating the house. We started Halloween a little early this year, we started buying decorations back in July and started putting them up in September.

We love watching Scooby-Doo movies, Peanuts Halloween Special, Simpsons Treehouse of Horror, and Universal Studios Monster Movies.

Here are a couple of the Scooby-Doo movies I love for the holiday

Scooby-Doo and the Witches Ghost

Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island

Scooby-Doo and the Goblin King

She doesn’t care for the scarier stuff so I tend to watch the 70s and 80s classics like Hellraiser, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street on my own.

Do you all like getting the house ready for the season, or watch the seasonal specials?

2 Likes

I ended up spraying the coasters with polyurethane and put cork underneath.

2 Likes