Green Lantern (2011)

I liked it. I like to think this takes place in the same universe as nolan trilogy and superman returns ( yes I know its a somewhat continuation of the reeves movies but im putting it here anyways).

1 Like

None of those take place in the same universe.

2 Likes

I know they don’t officially. I like to head canon that.

2 Likes

It actually leaves me more underwhelmed than watching the first bits of the extended edition itself did. The pretentious voice over narration and being forced to say things like “emerald energy” with a straight tenor in his voice just rub me the wrong fan, and I’m someone that loves Silver Age comics and hasn’t seen a DC film since 2010 that couldn’t have had some of their grim dark/edgelord tendencies chipped off of them for improvement.

Supposedly, the initial script, when Berlanti was attached to direct, was far better than the movie we ended up getting, and much was rewritten (and per Reynolds own interviews, they didn’t even have the finished shooting script when they started filming. I suspect that as long as Berlanti has a business relationship with WB, it will likely never pop up the way the Superman Lives and other scripts (and story ideas) have, but hopefully some day we’ll get a chance to actually know the truth.

I would agree with you here and that the CGI of the aliens could have been better, but we also need to acknowledge the times, and likely the resources they threw at this, particularly when they diverted money to converting it to 3D, which likely didn’t help poor quality CGI and didn’t help the allotment of resources situation overall.

And I’ve already essentially made the same points you made about Parallax and the unnecessaryness of Hammond in this movie. But overall, this isn’t a movie I would say I would hate watch. Or love to hate.

Not when we live in a universe with the murder hoboverse.

1 Like