Gotham

I’m so stoked for season 5 of Gotham but its bittersweet because its getting canceled. DC Universe should pick it up, it’s been fabulous since day one and the cast is amazing! Anyone else sad to watch the last season? :sob:

7 Likes

Oops totally meant to put this in TV how did I put it here?

I have enjoyed this series, so it’s kind of sad to see it ending, but I’m also starting to get tired of it, so I think they made the right choice. Just hope they give us a great Season 5!

1 Like

Oh just ask mod they will move it.
@applejack @applejack @applejack
Hee hee hee

2 Likes

I tried getting into it, but I really hated season 1 and I couldn’t get into season 2

Got this moved for you, @Dcgoddessofmayhem, no worries! :slight_smile: I see you over there using the Beetlejuice method, though, @Don-El :wink:

2 Likes

It was a slow burn, I think Cameron Monaghan brought life to the show with Jerome and now Jeremiah. Season 1 and 2 were excellent for character development. Robin Lord Taylor is an excellent young Penguin. Cory Michael Smith has ended up a great Riddler in season 4. Anthony Carrigan gave Zsasz a new personality that quite frankly is phenomenal. Bruce, Alfred, Selina and Gordon are played by excellent actors as well but since season 3 the villians have knocked it out of the park. Now this season is No Man’s Land. We get a Harley Quinn, Ace Chemicals and I believe Cameron finally being called the Joker and getting the infamy he deserves. Even Mark Hamil has declared hes awesome

1 Like

I want to see where it goes, Bruce is becoming Batman, I want a season of Batman :sob:

Gotham lasted for much longer than I would have ever guessed. I quit watching after season 2 so maybe it got better but the entire show felt like a joke.

Ya go into it thinking of it as a different Universe and it’s great

Extremely sad. One of the best shows & accurate scenery sets I’ve ever seen. If u know you’re characters, the younger versions are awesome & amazing cast selection. Even the name drops & easter eggs throughout are probably lost on non comic fans. It’s a perfect show for hardcore DC fanboys & girls.

2 Likes

Yes!!! I love the mix of different storylines six arcs, it creates an awesome show! Selina and Bruce meeting before becoming #BatCat is great. It explains their adult dynamic so much more!

2 Likes

Hey @djd welcome back.

My favorite episode was when Bruce went to confront Joe Chill. Lori Petty as a Joker was amazing. Wish she had been around for more.

I hope they give him a unique costume that fits the world, instead of just paying homage to the past. Smallville fell on its face in the last episode by putting Tom Welling in the Brandon Routh suit. It should have been something original that felt like it organically grew out of that universe. Giving him purple gloves like in Detective Comics 27 and Zero Year would be cool, with some possible Batman Beyond or Year 100 by Paul Pope, influences.

3 Likes

I agree Dcgoddessofmayhem. Cory Michael Smith has been a lot of fun as the Riddler.

2 Likes

** for costumes I’m talking about Batman final season possibilities, not Joker.**

2 Likes

Welcome to u also 87benlewis

I’ve been looking for u, not trolling, just hadn’t seen any posts for a minute wondered where u were. Of course I was gone 7 days so your like whatchu talkin bout Willis?

3 Likes

Omg last night was amazing!!!

2 Likes

Haha@Apllejack & Don-El Beetlejuice Method love it. Also the Candyman & Bloody Mary method.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

One thing before I start “gushing” about this show:
A series coming to an end does not mean that it’s been “cancelled”.

Okay, rant over.

Although I’m woefully behind on the series and have been for a long while, Gotham is still one of my absolute favorite DC-related properties, and has presented the Batman mythos in one of the most original and compelling ways ever (IMO), transcending its original premise as an “origin story for some of Batman’s most well-known villains” to become essentially the first-ever true “Elseworlds” story that DC has put on the screen, and something that could easily be continued in comics form as part of the “Black Label” were DC inclined to do so.

It’s also made household names out of actors like Robin Lord Taylor, Corey Michael Smith, Erin Richards, David Masouz, and Camren Bicondova, amongst others, and brought actors like Alexander Siddig, Morena Baccarin, Jada Pinkett Smith, Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, and Sean Pertwee back into the spotlight, which is great.

Speaking of Erin Richards, her evil rendition of Barbara Kean (AKA “Stabby Babs”) is, IMO, one of the best villains the Bat mythos has ever produced, and she could very easily be looked upon as being one of the series’ many completely original characters despite sharing the name and some aspects of the comics version of the Barbara Kean character.

1 Like