:batparrot: Gotham Knights (TV Show) S1 Discussion Thread :batparrot:

That is fine.

2 Likes

There’s a new episode tonight, right?

3 Likes

Yes, I believe so. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Navia Robinson is such a great Robin!!! Her taking down the Mutant Leader and being giddy about taking him down was adorable. Turner and Carrie are siblings in a weird way.

The Court of Owls really is hiding in plain sight, so insane.

4 Likes

Well this comment convinced me to give the show another shot.

2 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

Continuing my watching for Steph, I thought it was kinda fun and comics accurate that Steph’s main role interacting with the group is antagonistically with Duela and Harper. I got bad flashbacks to the weaker parts of Batman Eternal with Harper treating Steph like a spoiled princess, which feels very wrong to Steph in the comics, even Batman Eternal, but it is how Harper tends to treat Steph. In general, the non-Steph parts continue to frustrate and/or lose my interest, though I though Cullen doing a New Jersey accent in disguise was a very nice touch.

2 Likes

Harper and Stephanie don’t like each other in the comics either? This show really is doing the comics justice.

2 Likes

They like each other now, but their first meeting was very tense.

3 Likes

E3

Great episode

Carrie fight the Mutant Leader. Nice fight. And the origin explanation with the saving bats in it was nice.

Cullen at the precinct. Fun accent and getting into all the cop business. Got the job done but I think we may see the rookie disguise again.

The gang stops the threat. And Harvey looks like a hero. Steph and Harper biting heads a bit but think they like each other by the end. Duela just punches and crazy. And Turner trying to be the hero. Nice moments at the end. The the mayor gets courted.

Also (:rotating_light:comic spoilers​:rotating_light: look at your own risk) Lincoln March. The Owlman pops up. Interesting :thinking:

Who’s in the court? Will they stop the mutant leader? Will Harvey become mayor? All this and more Same Bat Time Same Bat Channels

2 Likes

After the lackluster debut I was expecting to give up on the series by the 3rd episode. Especially since the first episode was directed by Danny Cannon, making my disappointment that much more severe, since I loved his work on Gotham and Pennyworth.

E3 was the best episode so far. You eloquently crystallized the highlights.

1 Like

Oof, that’s a shame but glad it’s not that way anymore.

1 Like

Lincoln March the Owlman? I thought he was a Talon in the comics, then betrays them and a whole bunch of stuff happens after that?

2 Likes

Which comics issues should I be reading to see what the show is based on?

3 Likes

They are basing it on many different comics that have little to do with each other.

There are quite a few elements from Dark Knight Returns, and I presume the dead Batman plot was inspired by it, since the original plan did involve killing him.

There is some influence from the first few issues of his New 52 series with the Court of Owls.

3 Likes

I might be wrong. His name sounded familiar so I googled it and Owlman came up

2 Likes

Isn’t Owlman from the Watchmen comics?

2 Likes

No, that is Night Owl. Owlman is my brother from Earth 3.

3 Likes

There are a few Owlman if I’m right.

This shows a bunch of them.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve read TDKR, and looking forward to the Court of Owls series, which I didn’t know about. The Owls were also referenced in the Gotham TV series. Are either of the comics series you referenced where the young Gotham Knights originated?

As far as this new series, I felt Gotham Knights was going to be a little like Green Arrow and the Canaries - young heroes inspired by a classic (and dead) DC hero. I wasn’t impressed with the GA backdoor pilot, or the pilot for Gotham Knights. While the latest episode gives me hope, I’m not predicting a renewal.

4 Likes