Getting digital copy codes when buying physical DC comics

So I’m not sure if this is a thing or not, but I was thinking if we could get digital copies added to the app for the physical we buy. If only just to add a library via this app.

As to my knowledge the comics are in and out of que on this app and not all of them are free. I could be wrong but I haven’t really delved into the app as much as I’d like.

6 Likes

Yes they should do that

4 Likes

Where have you guys been? They did it on selected titles for about a year. The physical copies went up a dollar, but you got 2 copies. Started in April, 2017 and stopped in May, 2018.

Marvel did it with all of their catalog for awhile but then changed from getting a copy of the physical book you bought to getting an older comic.

Looking at how both major titles stopped doing that, I would guess it was not a financial winner.

3 Likes

Hi @TheeMartianManhunter Thank you so much for the feedback, I will pass your suggestions on to our development team! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I liked that I had a digital “reading copy” and could keep my physical copies in good condition.
Marvel has continued doing this on some titles. I wish DC would also.

2 Likes

So, that’s sort of a thing already. With certain issues you buy, it’ll come with a “free digital comic” sticker with a code that can be put online to give you the digital copy of whatever comic you bought at a store. The digital copy goes to the DC comics app (not this DC universe app) and comixology too, I think. If we got those digital comics HERE, that’d be sick.

5 Likes

Definitely

1 Like

Personally, I like the idea of some type of subscription service where I can read any comic from the DC backlog. And i think it’s totally acceptable if new books aren’t added to the library for six months or even a year.

Afterall, there’s not enough demand for old B-list titles like The Heckler, Ragman, Outlaws, etc. These types of titles won’t come to a curated library. And they’d be seen as failures on a site which is trying to make money.

4 Likes

How about i scan the barcode and get my physical copies digitally here. :wink:

Or scan the barcode and it just catlogues our collections. Then attach our collections to our profiles. Thatd be cool.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think older comics, at least those before 2015 or even just before rebirth, should be permanently added. And then you could buy newer physical copies that come with a digital code (if they want to it could be only accessible via the app to encourage others to buy and keep it). While some may find that lame, they need to find some way to make money or at least have retention.

1 Like

I love this idea. I’d go one step further and let you scan the UPC code or indicia from old back issues as well to get digital versions that don’t expire. (Though I’d like it even more if the entire catalog was available under our subscription price like Marvel Unlimited.)