Geoffrey Thorne Talks Green Lantern #1 With AiPT Comics!

(Green Lantern #1 cover by Bernard Chang)

In Future State: Green Lantern, writer Geoffrey Thorne took an unsung Green Lantern, John Stewart, gave him a chance to shine, and told a story about what really makes a hero. It was enough of a hit to give Thorne another crack at the Lantern Corps. Green Lantern #1, which features art from Dexter Soy, debuts on April 6.

The description blurb about it makes us believe that we’re in for another amazing story:

As this new Green Lantern series begins, the newly formed United Planets and the Guardians of the Universe hold an intergalactic summit to decide who can best serve and protect the cosmos from danger. With the majority of Green Lanterns called back to Oa, John Stewart arrives alongside Teen Lantern Keli Quintela, whose powerful gauntlet could be one of the most powerful and unstable weapons in the universe. With the entire landscape of the universe in flux, is this the end of the Green Lantern Corps…or a new beginning?

Read all about Green Lantern #1 and Thorne’s vision of it on AIPT Comics now!

Are you eager to grab up this new Green Lantern storyline featuring John Stewart? Let us know in the comments below! :00_lc_green_lantern:

8 Likes

Isn’t John pretty much the most well-known Lantern to non-comics readers via the Justice League animated series? I remember when the Green Lantern movie came out a lot of people I knew were genuinely confused by Ryan Reynolds being cast as the lead because the only GL they knew was John.

Unsung? John Stewart’s a well-loved hero that was a lot of our first exposure to the Green Lantern Corps.

Odd blurb wording aside I look forward to the story.

2 Likes

There’s truth to this, and yet this is the first time that John is headlining the Green Lantern title proper, as opposed to “Green Lantern Corps.” Comics have always centered Alan or Hal or Kyle as “the” Green Lantern, until now.

4 Likes

That I didn’t know.

2 Likes

Awesome™:+1: my favorite GL John getting some time to shine. And Teen Lantern popping up. Interested to learn more about her hacked ring.

2 Likes

Reporting for Duty & ready to consume this comic :1st_place_medal::medal_military:

Nice to see John getting the spotlight. I didn’t watch the Justice League cartoon, so my first exposure to John (and Guy) was as a retired GL in the pages of Kyle Rayner’s series. With or without the ring, John is a hero (whereas Guy is… Guy) and with the additions of Simon and Jessica and Jo in the last decade I’m happy John isn’t getting lost in the shuffle.

Now if DC could just figure out a way to utilize Kyle well… (And fix his logo, because the latest take on his classic yin-yang is not working for me.)

I haven’t yet read Future State: Green Lantern, but being that I sat out most of The Green Lantern: Season Two in single issues, I’m eager for this volume of Green Lantern because the initial story sounds interesting and once more, I needs my monthly fix of Oan-oriented, emerald-hued adventure like only the Green Lantern franchise can provide. :00_lc_green_lantern: