Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight #65

The Fourth of July, Uncle Sam, Lou Costello, Harry Langdon, & Dennis Day

1 Like

Just go to any Freedom Fighters, or Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters comic, & u could post Uncle Sam on every page lol. I like that Nicholson, looks just like em.

1 Like

Lol. I didn’t know that @capo-manger!

They really did a good job making it look like Jack. Check out this comparison!

1 Like

That’s awesome!!! I was just messing with ya’. But, yes u can definitely find Uncle Sam in all Freedom Fighters comics. There amazing reads too. Really digging that Legends. I don’t know how I missed those except for the fact that there’s like 7 comics by that title & maybe I haven’t read it cuz I thought I already did? Than there’s one called Legends of the Dark Night, I was like c’mon…having enough trouble keeping these straight haha.

1 Like

Me too with all of those similar titles! Haha. It’s nuts! I had completely forgotten that I started this series a while ago and picked it back up again. Totally awesome. I think you’d really dig it too. I’m going to link the reference above so you can find the series easier.

1 Like

Awesome ty!!! I probably did the same. Started it than thought I went back to it but it was probably same title, different series…

1 Like

Exactly! From what I’ve seen of the title… There’s this one “Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight (1989 - 2018)” - which has “Batman” at the beginning - and the new “Legends of The Dark Knight” which doesn’t prefix with his name.

I really like Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight because it has that vintage 80s/90s comics feel, both in art and story. Also - the first story in the series was Batman: Shaman, which is an absolute legend. The newer books are hit and miss for me so far.

1 Like

Ok I just went to it. That’s the best one!!! I’ve read that twice. This thread of yours wasn’t up yet, but I don’t think I would’ve caught that because I don’t remember it…great catch!!!

1 Like

Yeah that’s by far the best one. 1st thing I read on here…swear, no joke, was that. U couldn’t even post pics unless you downloaded them onto another site 1st than transferred them here back than. There were 0 threads for posting things u found in comics because u couldn’t do it.

1 Like

Ye olden days of the DCU! It’s hard to believe we’ve come that far and that @Applejack is no longer here…

1 Like

I know 🥲 JSA #40: Eva Braun, The Mets & The Yankees.

1 Like

JLA #46: Neil Armstrong.

1 Like

JSA #41: The Grand Canyon.

1 Like

JLA #47: Hoover Dam & M.C. Escher.

1 Like

JSA #42: I’m 99.9% sure I posted this b4 but just in case. Luke & Leia.

1 Like

Resurrection Man #1: Lady Gaga, & iPod.

1 Like

Resurrection Man #2: Tom Clancy, TV Guides.

1 Like

Suicide Squad #9: Movies: Face Off, The Fugitive & Dead Man Walking, Maya Angelou.

1 Like

Resurrection Man #9: Crossover continues with the movie theme: Dead Heat & Reference to T2 the T-1000 (liquid metal character).

1 Like

Resurrection Man #10: Movie theme continues: Heaven Can Wait & I know Sixth Sense is a very old term. Just going by the fact their referencing movies nonstop & it’s the page after the Heaven Can Wait cover. Plus it’s capitalized in bold text?

1 Like