Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

I figured :joy:. Rorschach #6: Mary Shelley & Frankenstein.

1 Like

The Blood Syndicate #14: Star Trek.

1 Like

Hardware #20: Bill Clinton, Star Trek, Rod Serling, Queen Latifah, Armani, Shaq.

2 Likes

Detective Comics #596: Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, & Clint Eastwood.

2 Likes

LOSH #312: McDonalds.

2 Likes

Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight #60

the American flag & the Boy Scouts

1 Like

Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight #61

Monty Python

1 Like

Superman Red & Blue #1: Peggy Lee- Sing A Rainbow :rainbow:.

1 Like

Nightwing #78: Beauty & The Beast reference.

1 Like

Static #21: Elvis, Calvin & Hobbes, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Reference to the theater shooting in Colorado during Nolan’s Batman Dark Knight…, JuJuBes & Batman theme song.

1 Like

Icon #20: Leave it to Beaver & The Lone Ranger references.

1 Like

Suicide Squad: King Shark #4: Listerine.

1 Like

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #5: Robert Louis Stevenson & one of his best known novels/essays/books Dr. Jekyll & Mr.Hyde.

1 Like

Detective Comics #640: Irish Poet James Joyce.

1 Like

:pushpin: Static #21 was released in 1995.
:pushpin: The Dark Knight incident occurred in 2012.

:pushpin: Scream 2 (intro theater scene) came out in 1997.

This comic is creepy foreshadowing for the future @capo-mage

1 Like

That is creepy. I don’t fact check but that’s beyond coincidence. Phatman 3 & Batman 3 just happened to be the one it happened during…ok. I don’t understand the Scream argument either…?

1 Like

I thought that maybe Static 21 used the Scream 2 opening theater scene as inspiration but even that movie came out 2 years after the comic. Super weird!

1 Like

Oh ok. No they were saying Phatman instead of Batman. They were afraid to go see it b/c there was a shooting in the theater during the previous Phat/Batman.

1 Like

The New Teen Titans Annual #2: Hemingway, Mr. Ed, Colombo, Disneyland, Willard Scott & The Today Show, Easter Island, Fozzy Bear (wakka wakka wakka), Playboy Channel, Bugs Bunny (vewry vewry quiet), McDonalds, New York, New York (On The Town), There’s A Hole In My Bucket- Harry Belafonte & Odetta.

1 Like

Batman: Legends of The Dark Knight #64

A nod to Jack Nicholson’s Joker in Batman (1989) and the line “You ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?”

1 Like