Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

Animal Man #9: Clash of the Titans, Bon Jovi shirt, The Sweet- Fox On The Run.

3 Likes

Animal Man #11: Out Of Africa (Oscar winner).

3 Likes

The Human Target #1: Fred Astaire.

3 Likes

Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom #6: Star Wars (Revenge of the Sith, Return of the Jedi), Jerry McQuire/ Tom Cruise.

3 Likes

Teen Titans Academy #7: They Live, (sci-fi/ horror movie circa 88’) & The 3 Stooges.

3 Likes

Batman TAS Continues #6: The Walking Dead, John Wayne, Tweety Bird, Errol Flynn, Rotten Tomatoes :tomato: & Mary Poppins.

3 Likes

DC Retroactive: JLA- The ‘70S #1: John Carter, The Bee- Gees & Pink Floyd. Gardner Fox (Julie Schwartz pictured but I’m using that in another area).

3 Likes

Starman #35: Woody Allen & Crimes & Misdemeanors.

Hey IF ANYONE SEES THIS? CAN U POST ANYTHING TO UNLOCK ME LOL, PLEASE & TY.

:point_up: :point_down:t2:

Steel #43: Grey Poupon.

Batman #547: Casablanca.

Lobo #44: The Waltons, Osmoonds, & Little House on the Prairie.

Resurrection Man #6: DKNY. idk how I noticed it? Something just said zoom in to me……:thinking: :wink:

See @Jurisdiction like this one. I don’t want to post all of these under the same post. But, I have no choice unless someone posts, comments etc. It’s not a big deal, I just figured since u just me asked on the music thread, what I meant by being locked out? This was a perfect example to show u. Idk how well I did trying to explain with words? I’m gonna be offline soon anywho. But, I figured this would be the best way to show u what I meant.

Resurrection Man #6: Beatles- Twist & Shout. Lyrics. Or Isley bros if u like…?

4 Likes

oh alright! thanks @capo-mage

4 Likes

Ty @Jurisdiction. I was waiting on this one lol. I already posted em all tho. I couldn’t wait any longer or my notebook would’ve been impossible to decipher on what goes where, & where from. I’ll come back & use this as a spot for one of my 20. It doesn’t usually happen. Idk there was a single amount total on how many u can post pics-wise? Makes sense for almost all of the threads. But, it’d be cool to have ones like this one i.e. Musical references, Out of context chaos etc. have no limit imho…? Ty tho. When I said it doesn’t usually happen, I meant to most people lol. I post a lot in areas where there’s not much traffic. Which obviously means there’s gonna be less people posting or commenting there. I usually ask the mods. @LastSon0fMars freed me from the out of context chaos thread earlier. But I just tagged u b/c you’d just given it a like- so I was like a man on an island :desert_island: screaming for u to come back :joy:. I didn’t think that saying unlock me would be rather confusing if it’s never happened to u b4. That’s also a good thing for you!!! Mucho appreciation tho for realz.

4 Likes

It happened once in march of last year and i forgot about it lol

3 Likes

Batman & Robin #35: Star Wars quotes & Han Solo (his quote).

4 Likes

Superman/ Batman #16: Planet of the Apes, & Elephant Man quotes.

4 Likes

Superman/ Batman #18: The Hardy Boys.

4 Likes

Superman/ Batman #87: Andy Rooney.

4 Likes

The Nice House On the Lake #6: T2 & Sarah Connor, Eraserhead, & The Matrix.

3 Likes

DC Retroactive: Batman 70S #1: Howard Hughes.

3 Likes

Harley Quinn- Breaking Glass: Stanley Kubrick, The Shining, The Cure, Barbara Streisand- The Way We Were, Selina, Cyndi Lauper, The Mamas & The Papas, & David Bowie- Rebel, Rebel.

3 Likes

The Many Deaths of The Batman

TV Show Quincy

Batman: Zero Hour (Various)

Scrabble, Bell’s Theorem, Jaws, Death of a Salesman spoof (?), Steven Spielberg, and Gone with the Wind

3 Likes

:batparrot: FAAAAAAANTASTIC, @Alec.Holland and @Jitsu! Thank you to you and the development team for jumping on that so quickly! I just enabled the feature in my profile.

Now if we could only export our lists so I could have a sheet with all of the comics I’ve added to my “READ” List… :thinking:

3 Likes