Fun “Real” References/Ads in Comics

:joy: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: u tell em’ @KeyFamily!!! Your Schwartz is bigger then theirs haha…

3 Likes

:grin::+1:

3 Likes

References: Zoro, Blu-Ray, Albert Einstein, Frankenstein (although he’s also a DC character so possibly not a reference), Spandex, Jack Napier (sneaky graffiti), Alfred Hitchcock, Porsche, and Hollywood

Batman: Earth One

3 Likes

Nice @KeyFamily!!! I just bought volume 2 at dollar store & haven’t read it ever b4. Can’t wait to get to it!!!

Also, super luckily, it’s in absolute perfect shape. I grabbed like 5 of em & all in great shape. But the Batman was the best of the best condition wise!!! He’s such a badass even his books are in perfect shape lol…

3 Likes

:batparrot: Dude, that is AWESOME! What a deal! That dollar store is the best in all the land.

I just popped Volume 3 into My Batman Collection this week! I can’t wait to hear your thoughts on this story. It blew my mind. :exploding_head:

And you’re spot on: Batman is always in perfect shape! :ok_hand::wink:

3 Likes

Nice!!! I’ll definitely check that out today. Been offline for a bit. Reading drops, then catching up a bit. But, I’m glad u reminded me. I meant to track that thread & keep forgetting, that way I know when u added anything…I gotta reread #1. It’s on here but I already forgot what was happening lol. Can’t wait to get #3!!

3 Likes

Refrigerator full of heads #1: Frankie Goes to Hollywood- Relax. t-shirt.

3 Likes

That’s what I had to do - go back to 1 and read to 3! But it’s awesome! You’re going to love it (or I hope you do). :batparrot:

P. S. I’ve added a few new things to the Bat Collection recently! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sounds great, u know I like my reading, the longer the better, lol. I will definitely stop by & check out the new Bat-Gear. I watched a documentary I’d been saving forever last night. It’s called -Batman & Bill. I knew it (or had a humongous hunch at least) was gonna be great so I was saving it for a rainy day. It’s a must-watch for Batman or DC fans period. I never use the phrase “must-watch” either lol. I had an idea of what it was gonna encompass, just b/c I’d noticed something recently (within the last 7-8yrs) with Batman titled “anything “. Such a great documentary with the added bonus of uncovering one of the biggest secrets in the industry…I watched it on Hulu, but it’s been in on multiple platforms since I first became aware of it.

3 Likes

Suicide Squad #8: HBO Max (Peacemaker show) ,Willow, & Wu- Tang Clan- C.R.E.A.M. lyrics (last sentence).

3 Likes

Wasteland #1: Saints go marching in, 2001 Space Odyssey/ Kubrick, & the Beatles.

3 Likes

Plastic Man Special #1: I believe the 1st reference is a Marvel Hydra reference? Idk much about it, but I think?, Jeff Goldblum, Brian Epstein, Beatles, Madonna, Drew Barrymore, Dennis Rodman, President Grover Cleveland.

4 Likes

Plastic Man Special #1: Star Wars.

3 Likes

DC vs Vampires #1: George Washington & Charles Manson.

3 Likes

Task Force Z #1: Hungry Hungry Hippos reference.

4 Likes

Earth Prime- Legends of tomorrow #3: Ghostbusters.

3 Likes

HQ (fear state) #8: Dr. Leonardo McCoy famous Star Trek quote, with a spin on it from HQ.

3 Likes

Batman #405: Rice Krispies.

3 Likes

Batman Returns Movie Adaptation #2: McDonald’s & The Grinch.

3 Likes

Animal Man #4-#5: Hill Street (Blues), Carrie, The Modern Lovers- Road Runner #2 lyrics.

3 Likes