Frank Miller debate

What do you think about the announcement of Frank Miller’s dark knight master race’s latest addition

1 Like

The Golden Child? I’m in. Grampa is a great artist, the new look for Carrie as Batwoman is awesome, and I’m pretty stoked for it.

3 Likes

Good or bad Miller is always interesting. But I’m not sure a one-shot is something to get excited about. The last one he did felt incomplete.

I was such a fan 25 years ago, but i just haven’t liked any of his new stuff.

3 Likes

Some would say he’s jumping the shark with this one.

@.50710 is the newest addition just a one shot and not a complete story? What is this other one shot?

The new one was announced as one 48 page comic.
His other was a prequel to DKR called The Last Crusade. Which was supposed to give the story about how Jason Todd died.

I don’t mind Millers stuff I feel like DKR was complete after the first story 2 and 3 didn’t need to happen year one was good, and his ongoing Superman story is pretty decent too.

The fact that it’s a one shot gives me hope that it will be good. Of course it won’t reach the level of the original, but maybe the relatively short length will force Frank Miller to focus.

2 Likes

Ugh

The DC Daily interview today had me thinking, “Has Miller found his mind?!”

I’m really excited for the first good chapter in this series since DKR. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Let’s just say, people I consider nuts think he’s crazy

He may be crazy, but he’s talented.

2 Likes

It’s not a popular opinion, but I don’t really care for The Dark Knight Returns, and I don’t really like his body of work very much. I also don’t really care for how film versions of Batman keep going back to TDKR, as if everything good about Batman begins and ends with Frank Miller’s work.

3 Likes

Not a fan of anything Frank Miller has ever written for DC. I did enjoy his Daredevil run but that was like written back in the 70s.

1 Like

I found enjoyment in most of his post DKR work, but he’s had his issues, mostly drugs and alcohol. I believe DK3 was his first sober work.

1 Like

He penned my favorite Batman story of all time: “Batman-Year One”. And his Daredevil opus–“Born Again”–might be the best Marvel story-line ever. But I am not a fan of his recent work.